Art: every one like planes

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

every one like planes

hey! this is my first digital painting and Id like to ear some comments on it cause I dont want to do the same mistakes in my next one :mumble:
    thank you
    see ya

every one like planes

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i dont think you go tlighting correct on any of the planes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this should be in the sketch/wip section

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    330 views and only one real comment
    well I know that the bottom of the painting was done 2 fast but for the rest
    I need comments on the composition, colors, etc 2 guide me for my next painting
    please take a minute of your time to help a litle beginner :nopity:
    hihi

see ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems to me that for the most part the composition works although I'd tighten up the background just a bit. I see what you were going for but I would definitely add in a little more detail to the front plane and maybe use a reference photo or two for the lighting and for color choices. :chug:

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the perspective is very off on the run way, if those lines were parallel they would have to be slooping upwards above the horizon line....

those 2 lines need to go to a vanishing point behind the trees, not some where above them in the sky.

The colors on the sky look like you put alittle more time into them (or were lucky with your brush strokes). The ground seems like you didn't know where to go. I suggest reviewing some references before picking colors if you are not used to painting on your own.

This simple picture i found in google could help you with the colors in this piece for example: http://www.moonbounce.dk/astro/ground-small.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe yea I had not realized that my perspective was so unrealistic :o well I knew that something was wrong but you opened my eyes on that
    and you are right for the sky and ground,
    I spent most of my time on the sky, and I didnt really knew how to do the ground
    and thank you for the litle picture's link

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well sir, I=Pilot and I :bheart: WWII aircraft so I guess if I felt like it I could tear you to bloody shreds whenever you posted a plane peice... but of course that would take effort! and if anything is evident from what *I* have posted it's the dislike of effort so I'll just be constructive.

The silhoutes do justice to the fuselage shape in all the background aircraft (I'd be able to give a better comment if I could I.D. the plane that this is... but I need a little more than an outline to do that, I'd need to look at oil radiator intakes, cockpit shape, etc.) but the front aircraft, while at it's angle you DO show all that would be visible, it's a little to ambiguous for me to comfortably look at it and say "yep, it's a real plane." . maybe some sort of highlighting or midtone or SOMETHING indicating only a hint more detail... just to make it obvious that "oh, I'm seeing the bottom of that plane".... some1 allready poked you about the fact that your background perspective is askew so I'll keep my noise-hole shut about that. But man... my brain just really wants some highlights or something adding a little shape to the foreground aircraft.

I'll just say, you seem familiar enough with this aircraft to be rendering it well in silhoute form... just promise me if you EVER, EVER do a P-51 mustang you will render it IN FULL, WITH DETAIL, and WITH CHROME EFFECTS! or I might have to rip your gullet out and beat you with it... because it's such a purdy plane :cool: . And while I can safely assume this isn't a P-51 , if by some odd and almost impossible mistake it was meant to be... I'll be sad and need to hug my kitty and cry for an hour. :cry: :cat;

If you do any more aircraft work I'd be grateful if I got to see it, me love planes.

Oh and I can't possibly I.D. the plane itself... but I'll guess at a maker: Hawker? I was about to say corsair because of the snout characteristics and what I recalled about the open-faced cigar shape of the corsair fuselage... but it doesn't have the kink in the wings that made the corsair distinguished.

I'll shut up now

-Commie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well..first let me say good work for a fist run def keep going......
    ....a quick tips if I may...you did a really good job with the atmospheric pespective as far as the planes go we'll pass on the background for now and play to your strengths...it'll come in time.....the general arrangement is cool but may be a bit more interesting if you varied the distance of the planes like they were actually comming in to land ...the last two would have a hell of a time landing side by side....
    ..overall it's a good recording just fine tune it...lftsm....peace

quiet is the mending sound

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah I didnt knew that I would come across a ww2 airplanes fan! hehe
    yea you were better not to say the corsair! or its me that would have cried :p
    in fact this is a p-40
    I hope your not too surprise to learn it :emb:
    Im not sure if I want to do the p-51 after what you said "or I might have to rip your gullet out and beat you with it... "
    but I might do more, I dont know ill see

thank you kingdomofashed for the sugestion about the planes in the background beying at diferent distances :thumbsup:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teehee! Ignore me when I sound aggressive, about 2/3 of my posting is done late at night when I feel like absorbing some art before going to bed... and when I'm tired I get a lot more blunt and my more primal instincts show through lol.

P-40 ... I'm not familiar with it. I'm a huge fan of WWII aircraft, but I tend to learn a lot about a few favorites as opposed to knowing enough about a lot of them. (like the obscure data that the P-51 featured an Allison V-1710 engine, later models of which roared with almost 1,500hp... I *SO* want to put one of those in a hot rod some day imp: )

If you did a P-51 peice I'd be able to provide tons of constructive feedback on it... not only have I seen numerous P-51's, I also spent literally days of time working on models of them and I know the shape, paint schemes, and structure inside AND out. Don't worry about messing it up, to be honest I actually complement you on how well you rendered to proper shapes of the aircraft. One thing about planes that make aviation art hard is the kind of angles that they feature can be very hard to eyeball, and you seem to have nailed that facet.

Keep up with the planes man, I'd be delighted to see more of them.
    Myself early in my art class when we were learning stipling I did a p-51 made entirely out of small dots from a felt-tip pen, check it out:
    http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/...tches/P-51.jpg

-Commie

Last edited by CCCP-DeLux; July 17th, 2004 at 04:29 PM. Reason: left sumthin out

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.