Conceptart.org's changes... where can I find the info about what's happening?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Conceptart.org's changes... where can I find the info about what's happening?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Conceptart.org's changes... where can I find the info about what's happening?

I have looked and my searches don't seem to pull up much. I see no stickies on the issue (or I am completely blind). Where can I find information about what's going on with CA's site? The front page is no longer around, and is the separate site for job postings also gone?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The site's been attacked more than once in the last couple of months, so alot of things went through a loop after recovering. One of the mods can explain in full, I'm having trouble remembering the thread name that posted everything.

The issue with job listings is discussed a bit in the support forum.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...-t-be-accessed

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Update - the forum was damaged during the last attack and needs to be rebuilt. As money is involved, it needs to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Update. While the job section is being rebuilt, Employment Discussion will be used.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks! I have been away from the site for over a year so I was wondering what had happened

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Eh, yeah, there have been some threads discussing the changes but they're scattered all over, can't find the main announcements at the moment...

The short version is that the site has been gradually getting a complete overhaul for the past few months, was down for a while while the upgrades were getting installed, came back up partially but then went down again when a hacker got in and wreaked havoc all over the place, came back up but with some pieces still under repair or being rebuilt after the attack.

The job board was a casualty of the attack, but should be back. The shop keeps coming and going, not sure what the status is on that. The front page is eventually getting a complete redesign from what I recall, so that's probably why it's temporarily missing. At least the main forums are working normally now. (For a while things were pretty weird.)

There's a Conceptart.org Facebook group, whenever the site goes down they usually have status updates there: http://www.facebook.com/groups/11155202515/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome thank you Gwen. I was curious if the shop would be back since I always enjoyed the videos Massive Black had to offer!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    An elegant solution is simply to keep a forum changes log in a thread form.

sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Members who have read this thread: 1