Technology 8th gen console speculation - Page 7

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Raoul -Cloud gaming,This is already somewhat confirmed with them unveiling 2 consols, the mini having no disk drive. --- Although I guess it could still be running off the hard drive, Idk.

Anyways I'm excited to see what gets shown, had lots of fun with my 360.

My prediction- theres supposedly different controllers one thats been said to be rather flat and small, The always online will be for their cable/TVstreaming station that Microsoft bought and xboxmini. O and backwards compatibility with the 360.

-Demo-
    -Sketch Book Updated Sporadically-
    My Blog
    Tumbler & Wookmark (finished pieces and Cool stuff I find)
    -Facebook(always on but never post)-

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)
    If anyone is interested in streams or hangouts let me know!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    good. i still dont understand the score with gta5, do you buy it on ps3, or is it on ps4, or is there a better version on ps4? do you have to buy it twice?
    You mean GT6? It will come out this year on PS3, though they have suggested that a PS4 version could come out eventually. I'm probably going to wait for the PS4 version.
    EDIT: Oh whoops you said Grand Theft Auto 5. I don't think they've announced it for next gen consoles yet, but there's a decent chance that they will.

All I care about seeing from the XBox reveal is the new games, and their policy for used games.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reveal is online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/hub/reveal.

Best sentence so far:
    "Xbox One, go Home"! :'D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it already over?
    I quit the stream because it was lagging every minute :/

Even though, what I saw made me confident about my new graphics card buy for my pc, lol. Money was good invested after seeing this conference.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did'nt watch it because i was out all day but was the conference that bad? did MS announce any new games or ip's.
    edit: Okay looked up the info seems good albiet looks very pricey, also worried about the kinect and voice controls they're probbly able to be turned off but even so I can see alot of problems happening with them.
    but while the console looks good only having one exclusive is pretty laughable.

Last edited by triggerpigking; May 21st, 2013 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerpigking View Post
    I did'nt watch it because i was out all day but was the conference that bad? did MS announce any new games or ip's.
    They announced one new game but didn't show any gameplay. Also, used games require an extra fee, developers can choose always online required, kinect is required, and it's not backwards compatible. Basically no positives to draw from this conference if you're a gamer. Though they did say that they are intentionally making it underpowered, so maybe that means a lower price than PS4?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Funny the source i read from did'nt mention any of that but okay that sounds awful.
    And while they say they're intentionally making it underpowered the kinect and voice controls being packaged in sounds like it'd boost the price considerably for features no one cares about.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds it, I don't want to make judgements to soon but i'm thinking this may be a war between ninty and sony after all.
    Microsft seems to mostly be doing they're own thing, seems more like an all in one media centre then a games console.
    Most of these features can be used on a cheap pc or laptop and i'm fairly sure not many people are gonna buy this for kinect and voice controls.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think the Tivo on steroids approach seems like an attempt to save cable. It could bring in new gamers. Which is smart. I still don't want anything to do with the Kinect. Not just waving my hands in the air like I just don't care, but I can see talking trash with my friends about a show and it changes the channel to whatever it is I'm trash talking. The whole thing is intrusive, annoying and counter productive.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new IPs but they didn't show anything too impressive.

COD looks modestly better than normal. But mostly more of the same. The frostbite 3 engine does more for the big picture. I'm impressed by the writers resume though. Maybe it'll be better than it looks.

The biggest disappointment was the Remedy soap opera. Didn't they get the memo FMV sucks. And the production value in their show is sub par to today's standards.

The worst news is you can't just play 2nd hand games. So they decided that I'm getting a PS4. Heres an article on the confusing issue.
    http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-t...cros-509140825

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The fee for activating a used game is the full price of the game.

All games must be authorized with an internet connection before they can be played.

Both confirmed by Phil Harrison. Holy shit. Worst case scenario come true.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    The fee for activating a used game is the full price of the game.

All games must be authorized with an internet connection before they can be played.

Both confirmed by Phil Harrison. Holy shit. Worst case scenario come true.
    Really? Time for a boycott.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dear god the more I read about this. I'ts like they're trying to give this gen to Sony and Nintendo.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cry havoc and release the hounds of war! Microsoft has a pooch to screw.
    8th gen console speculation

Last edited by Raoul Duke; May 22nd, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also read that if you want to have the game on several different accounts on your own console you have to REBUY THE GAME FOR EACH ACCOUNT.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...ity_feed_52620
    Qoute "Any additional accounts using the same disc would have to pay a fee."
    ...just wow
    Remedy makes great games i'm pretty sure ms wanted them to do this because of the popularity of they're alan wake live action trailers so i'm sure despite the weird fmv's the game will be good maybe even great, but remedy makes niche games this isnt gonna be a systme seller.
    *sigh* too bad remedy's talent is wasted on fucking microsoft.

Last edited by triggerpigking; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    My point of view is pretty simple.
    They have all of these new restrictions and things that may or may not affect users to some degree, but where is all of the benefits that justify them?

For me, it's all about the games. Whichever system (even if it's both) has great games, I will want to own. But I'm also moving into a point in my life where I don't need EVERY CONSOLE. So I will decide the system that has the least amount of resistance and/or the best features.

These things they announced yesterday don't come off as great features that I will benefit from, so I don't see a reason to put up with the BS.
    My choice is easy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm at the point where even if MS shows lots of great games at E3, it still might not be enough for me to support their anti-consumer policies. I already know based on the last 3 generations that Sony will have a great library on PS4. I've never had enough time to play all the games I want from a single console anyways, so even if MS were to have slightly more games it might not make any difference (however I doubt this will be the case since they never have had the best library, and now seem less focused on it than ever).

Also: Digital Foundry estimates PS4 is 33-50% more powerful than XBO. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...lysis-xbox-one
    Which would be okay for XBO if that lowered the price a lot, but I'm worried the very advanced Kinect will keep it too close to PS4. I'm also worried that 3rd party games will all be brought down because they have to work on XBO. What could possibly happen is that PS4 will get higher frame rate versions of multiplatform games.

Last edited by Ian Barker; May 22nd, 2013 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As much as I dislike the xb1 it is dreamcast proof. The sports fanboys will pick this up no matter what. Not just gamers. I think even news junkies, day traders and gossip buffs will adopt it sooner or later once content is provided for it. If it didn't play games I would want it. Imagine watching a movie and have the ability to open the storyboard for it or what that song is. Blending internet with cable is a no brainer. Microsoft knows what they're doing. They know they're giving up the savy base consumers in exchange for dudes that just play 2 or 3 multiplayer games a year.

XB1 is going to get the online multiplayer audience and ps4 is going to get the single player crowd. PS4 has a simple PC architecture, so by nature it'll get more games. XB1 is going to load extra horsepower from the cloud, so it's going to unlimited capabilities eventually.

I wonder if gamestop is going to carry the xb1. The console really seals their fate. The disks are kind of pointless.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soo not a totally great reveal, I get why some/a few/a lot/ quite a bit of people are put off, I'm gonna hold off on a complete judgment of the X1 till after E3 since it hasn't really seemed to answer any questions. Looks like the wiiU and the X1 have their work cut out for them the next few years.

Can't say I've jumped ship yet though, I've had too much fun with my xbox with the halos/forzas. Lets see what they have to show at E3 and what gets elaborated on. PS4 looks like a strong console this time around, not too much of a PS fan, but perhaps I'll pick one up eventually.

Still betting that M-soft unveils an even smaller console at E3. for just the cloud services.

-Demo-
    My Blog

If you see me on FB, or CA Talk to me, never to busy to talk and love to hear from you, chat me up about anything (Music, Games, art, ect)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From an objective point of view I think xbone's short game is going to fail, but the long game strategy is going to pan out. I can see offloading horsepower is going to give it lasting power.

The biggest turn off is is the Kinect can't be turned off. Hand gesture controls are a bad idea and voice controls are a worse idea. Logging on with facial recognition is asking for trouble. I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH HAL 9000. The Kinect puts the K in Phillip K Dick. You couldn't pay me to use it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cloud powered games are not going to be viable for a while. Most people do not have very good internet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    From an objective point of view I think xbone's short game is going to fail, but the long game strategy is going to pan out. I can see offloading horsepower is going to give it lasting power.

The biggest turn off is is the Kinect can't be turned off. Hand gesture controls are a bad idea and voice controls are a worse idea. Logging on with facial recognition is asking for trouble. I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE WITH HAL 9000. The Kinect puts the K in Phillip K Dick. You couldn't pay me to use it.
    I agree with the lasting power, I forsee it being a really uneasy launch later this year. I believe it will prolly have a low number of early adopters prolly the exact range of PS3 where the other 2 were getting 400,000 a month and the PS3 was getting 270,000, btttt i forsee it being kinda like the 360 in that it will continue to have a decent number of sales. (360 continued to sell 130,000 the last 28 months or so)

As for kinect I really get a lot of the concerns the always on eyes and ears can be a problem, butt watching some tech demos its rather impressive and I do believe it will push some small innovative features in games. Take biometrics in games for instance. How cool could it be to have the video game soundtrack tied to your heart beat? sports games, racing, action, shootersit gets to a point where its just slightly silly because you know right when the music starts the whatnots going down. That and the horror genre has been garbage lately (yes,no I wouldn't really know) I can easily think of prolly 50+ ways the kinect could be utilized to a more immersive experience. .

Anyways Kinect doesn't bother me toooo much, used games, the online requirement I think those are the 2 bigger deals for people and it really sounds like Microsoft doesn't even have that figured out yet. I continue to see stories of conflicting information coming out from the M$ so more time will tell? Ill be excited to see the E3 though I really believe that if they are serious in keeping some of these policies they have a few aces up their sleeves.

-Demo-
    My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The XB1 announcement boosted wii u sales 875%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barker View Post
    Cloud powered games are not going to be viable for a while. Most people do not have very good internet.
    I agree because I have to unplug my wifi a few times a day, but when reliable internet is ready microsoft will be ready. They will have an infrastructure of top of the line super computers that you can stream from your phone or whatever. Just wait until the xb1 has it's "disappointing launch". I think smart glass is their future. Not the Kinect. Which is all the xb1 is.

If you think about it like a chess game, the xb1 is an expendable piece to get them in a better position next round. A catalyst to build a powerful service. Once they build up a decent service they'll take over. Imagine hooking up a cheap PC to your TV that can run ANYTHING. You could be running photoshop, flash, maya and zbrush on your xbox live account. That's why getting a head start building a cloud service is so smart. Even if they get some egg in their face. They'll wipe it off and move forward.

DEMO-Nobody can say the kinect isn't innovative, but so was the clapper, that doesn't make it more useful than annoying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If I don't know any better, I'd think that someone is sabotaging Microsoft from the inside with just how much of a trainwreck their Xbox One has been so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MS officially posted their policies. Important stuff:

24 hour check-in required. If you bring a game to play at your friend's house, 1 hour check-in is required.

You may give a game to someone who has been on your friends list 30 days. You transfer your rights to them. After this transfer, the game may not be transferred again.

Games can only be traded in at participating retailers, and publishers can choose to not participate. This basically means used games on Amazon, ebay and smaller pawn shops will no longer be available.

No renting. No loaning (unless you are present with the game). No private sales.

Family members can play the same game without extra fees, even if there are multiple XBoxes in the same house. This policy is not yet clear but I'm guessing you need to be on the same IP.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1