CD cover
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: CD cover

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CD cover

CD cover I'm doing for my friends. I wouldn't call it finished yet, but I figured it would be good to get some feedback. The idea was to show some forest creatures. I wanted it to look mysterious, I guess. It' very different from things I normally draw O.o
    Thoughts?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The image is nice, good mood, I really like the trees... but... (that's only my impression) they are super scary ! For me it looks like a group of ghosts or zombies in a dead/nightmare/cursed forest... I don't understand them as forest creature like sylves or satyr for exemple... They remind me the game "limbo". Is the cd some kind of gothic music ?

* My current blog
    * Sketchbook page on CA.org coming soon...

Have a good and creative day !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the background a lot but then i scrolled down and the little forest guy kind of ruined it for me. He pops out too much and looks kind of awkward! He's just kind of standing there and doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is he coming out of hiding, crouching down, watching cautiously? I like that he's clearly ahead of the other creatures so don't knock him too far back, just work a little more on his gesture. If you're going for mysterious, I'd obscure his body more and let those yellow eyes do the popping.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the concept, but I don't think the visible guy is necessary. The eyes in the background makes you wonder what is there in the dark, but when you see the little guy in front, the mystery and fun of imagining what might be there is gone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it. I do think the image could use some balance tweaking though. Currently, I think it feels too rigid and symmetrical. I have to disagree with Aqualeot about the necessity of the visible guy. Without him, we have no idea what the yellow lights in the background are supposed to be. With the little guy, we get the whole children of the corn thing going on. I’ve done a paintover to provide some new ideas. I moved the guy forward, and moved a tree over to give the one side a little more visual weight than the other side; then I tilted the image slightly, and then I used a small degree of photoshop’s pinch setting to give the trees a little bit of an odd suction feeling. Finally, I tweaked the contrast to make the little guy your focal point. It might be a little dark. I haven't calibrated my laptop screen in awhile.

I think it just needs some creative tweaking.

Attached Images Attached Images  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.