Come and play!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Come and play!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Come and play!

Hello everyone! I'm Inukage and I'm a 25 year old male Economics and Logistics student from Sweden with some creativity going on up in the old jar of mine

I've been writing a fantasy / Sci-fi ish book about a post-apocalyptic Europe and especially Paris. The Solar rays hitting the earth are immense and the remaining population are forced to live in crouded cities called Urbanica domes. The main character of the book is a young man called Shade or Joshua Devlin, and together with his friends he s a member of a big robin hoodish rebell gang which soul purpose is to limit the rulers power over the big citys populace.
    I wont be going more into the plot right now, but throught the years and hundreds of pages written I ve come up with some scenes that I ve always wanted to picture in concept art style, I know my way around photoshop, but I lack the top notch skills that would make these scenes stand out.

So I thought, why not make it into a creative collaboration with people who need ideas for future job portfolios!?

First off: This book is a dead project, thus it is very unlikely that I would find the need to use them for any book promoting or such. But be sure that any pictures willingly submitted will ABSOLUTELY NOT be used outside this forum unless we have some sort of compensation agreement.

Second: What's in it for us?
    For you: New Ideas for your future portfolio, a friendly contest among fellow artists.
    For me: The joy of seeing what my writing spawns processed by the great minds of concept artists

My thoughts about this:
    You will be provided with a satisfactory amount of detail about the scenes and what the characters are experiencing. Not to much that it'd rob you off your space for own ideas and not to little that'd slow you down
    We could hold a monthly friendly contest here, to which i extract and re-edit a new piece of my book that I'm especially fond of.
    At the moment I have no prizes to give out other than honor, but we could develop it in a prize direction as the thread develops.

We'll need a few people interested in participating before starting, but all the written material is ready to be posted.

I hope for great interest in this idea and wish your days to be ever so great

/Inukage

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okey, I've come up with some "rules"
    Challenge will be posted on Sunday evenings at 18:00 CET (Central European Time)
    Each Scene challenge will end on the following Saturday at 23:59 CET and winners will be announced during the following Sunday 12:00 CET.
    Another challenge will then be announced again at 18:00 CET.

Tomorrow: 2013-02-02 I will post the first Scene Challenge!
    A clue to what the scene is about: "Water Canals"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inukage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had ISP issues and just wanted to give you an update, info will be up in 20 minutes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scene: The Water Canals

Spot: Inside the dome city of future Paris on the lower levels where people live crowded and poor. classic buildings in bad shape with brand new skyscrapers holding up the 2 levels high above. More exactly a water canal with a narrow but long concrete walkway.
    What's happening? : Shade has just come out of a long daydream and stands looking out over a wide and temporarily puddle filled exaust-water canal full of objects like furniture and ordinary garbage. He see's this small sack moving and rushes to to find that there is a black german-shepherd puppy with pointy ears in it. Shade opens the sack and shortly after he realizes that the water comes flowing at them and he needs to save them both from being washed away.
    Shade: is an caucasian athletic 20 year old with his orgins from UK. he's got brown eyes, he has shaved/trimmed hair with an olive Patrol Cap.

Note: You do not have to choose any specific time in this scene; it could be him standing daydreaming or maybe when he opens the sack or perhaps when they sprint through the puddles towards safety. Just remember that it's mainly an environmental challenge ^^
    Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.