looking for a fresh start
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: looking for a fresh start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

looking for a fresh start

Lately my mindset has changed alot about how I want to go about art. I used want to just focus on drawing my ideas but as of late thanks to members on conceptart mostly i realize i need to get to the basics. so is there a place online that will give me the benefit of having a set up curriculum for improving. I know i should take a class for that and I will but thats gonna be in the future. Is there a place on concept art that has something like this or are there memebers who give a beginner direction based on what he/she knows already??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why do you want everything spoon fed man? just take some time to explore the forum properly, and check out the stickies, you'll find what you need if you put some actual effort in looking for what you want, certainly wont get far if you just lay there waiting for somebody to pick you up.

-We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

-Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

My SKETCHbook
    http://jeeso.deviantart.com/

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Jeso For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not spoon fed...just structured.

thanoss Guest
    Man how the hell is someone else going to structure learning for you on am forum? The only way anything is going to mean anything for you to learn is for you to structure it and make it mean something for yourself. Someone can say do something, but that wont make you do it, if it dosnt mean anything to you individually.

Sit down, plan what you have to learn, what skills you need to learn, the right down a list of you need to do, then plan out your hours.

Nobody can tell you how to learn, teach yourself how to bloody learn. There sint a curriculum or magic formula. What you need to do is teach yourself how to bloody learn. Im sure by now everyone on this site knows what fundamentals they have to learn, but they are so piss poor at time management,planning and ACTUALLY LEARNING HOW TO LEARN. That they confuse learning art with actually learning how to learn. GO BLOODY TEACH YOURSELF HOW TO LEARN. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ART THIS IS ABOUT YOU KNOWING HOW TO MANAGE YOURSELF!!!!

thanoss Guest
    I think 99%of the people on this site need to look up Brain Tracy, and actually listen and read what he writes. Nothing is about someone giving you a magic formula or a curriculum or structure, its all about management,mindset and teaching yourself how to get away from learning what they taught you in school, and teaching yourself how to BLOODY LEARN.

I mean a teacher can say all day do this and do that and i want you to do 1 million figure studies. It dosnt mean fuuck all if you don't teach yourself how to internalize information so it stays in long term memory,and Im not talking about doing rote memorization and practice where you hope by the 1 millionth figure drawing you might have learnt something. The teacher is teaching you from his way that he learnt and from his own experience, that will mean nothing to you when learning. YOu need to dig deeper. LOOK it up man. I seem to be repeating myself everyday on this site.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, just forget about fooling round with curricula and lists and schedules and learning systems and philosophy and pondering how to proceed and just TRY THINGS.

Seriously. Just. Draw.

Try to draw things you don't know how to draw, try drawing things you've never drawn, try techniques you don't know how to do, consider whatever it is you're not good at and try doing it anyway... You'll soon have concrete questions about all the stuff you're trying to do, and that will give you a starting point for more concrete research. The best way to learn is by trying things and failing and then trying to figure out how to fail less. Set your own problems and try to solve them.

And as far as these forums go, explore further than Art Discussion - there's a lot of good stuff in Fine Art, Tutorials, and of course the community activities. If you really want a "curriculum", I suppose you could start by doing all the exercises in the Spartan Boot Camp area, until you start coming up with your own problems to solve...

You could also get any of the basic drawing books on the Reading List sticky and go through it to start some sort of momentum. (Of course you'll have to keep going on your own initiative after you've finished the book...)

Last edited by QueenGwenevere; February 1st, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thread needs to die. Go do your research please.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.