Painter Update 12.2.1
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep in mind it is not a "truly" 64 bit update.
    From my understanding it's using all available ram to minimize disc caching, but the program core is still 32-bit based
    (for example, I still can not use 750 px large airbrushes when using computed circular brush type. I believe windows users can get them given a 64 bit system and enough ram.)

It is a good update, though.
    Two years since release and they fixed constant crashing that painter 12 was notorious for, and cleaned some smaller bugs here and there (broken f keys, gel layer mode eraser bug, etc.)

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, sorry i forgot to mention. I haven't given it a through run yet. But many are reporting improvements in stability.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, so far so good. There are a few bug fixes and some performance and stability improvements. However:

I no longer seem to be able to click on a layer to rename it. I don't know if it's just me or that functionality was removed.

Also for the "love of gawd", any one know what setting to set multicore at so my Macbookpro's fan doesn't sound like a jet engine? 2 seems to be fine but it still kicks in when i'm shading with the side of the pencil. 3 and above and it sounds like i'm about to take flight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Layer naming works for me as normal. As for the number of cores, out of four physical cores I use only one. No performance issues and no jet engines.

Members who have read this thread: 1