Perspective problems/exercises request
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Perspective problems/exercises request

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Perspective problems/exercises request

Hello,

I've finally managed to get serious about perspective learning, ready three books on the subject matter and I'm now looking into ways of practicing it. The books I've read were focused on understanding perspective with lots of examples, up to shadows and reflections, but they lacked any kind of exercise I could to to practice.

I'm kind of bad at giving myself problems to solve just for the sake of learning, and so I'm looking for a set of perspective related problems/exercises, from simple ones to more advanced ones, maybe including solutions too so I can compare my final works and see what I did wrong, that would help me practice and learn perspective better.

Any tips?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Draw your room.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith: Action, Belief and Confidence
    My web comics
    Just Create - my blog about how to create comic books
    YouTube Tutorials and stuff

Howard

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Symson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeup, drawing things from real life I can do that, but I was thinking maybe someone knows some series of exercises on the web (or book) that test certain knowledge. For example a set of exercises tests one point perspective, the second one tests two point perspective, then foreshortening, shadows, all kind of stuff. Or maybe gives you a complex form and some light sources and you have to draw the shadows for that in perspective and so on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING will teach you as much as drawing from life. You can draw from a grid all day, but you won't learn how shadows change as they move across a surface, or notice that things fade and become blue-ish far in the distance, etc etc etc. Go outside and draw buildings! Cars! Mountains! It may not seem as structured as a one point two point three point set of exercises, but you will start getting an intuitive sense of perspective, and when things look wrong or off.

If that's too intimidating, get some geometric blocks of different shapes, and set them up in a light box with a spotlight, and practice that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saret For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I'll do that then, get outside and start drawing. I have also ordered a set of wooden geometric blocks for when I get into studying lighting and shadows. Thanks for the tips.

Members who have read this thread: 2