P.O.W.! Challenge 68 (A-B-C) The Whole is greater than the Hope
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: P.O.W.! Challenge 68 (A-B-C) The Whole is greater than the Hope

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 68 (A-B-C) The Whole is greater than the Hope

In all P.O.W.! Challenges, you can interpret the art any way you wish, and the more creatively, the better. Any media. B&W or Color, unless we specifically point out otherwise.

Topic 68A: An extraordinary Hope
    News of something has stirred the expectations of your protagonists. What is about to happen that makes them think that everything is about to change? Illustrate a POW! that tells of characters under some grave burden that they feel is about to improve, and who or why they think is going to change events.

Topic 68B: The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts
    When these things come together, they are more able to overcome adversity than alone. What are they? What are their powers, or how do they magnify each others abilities? What event is happening that means they have to come together to overcome? From heroes magically bonded by fate to artefacts that summon some great power when combined, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Topic 68C: The Hope/The Parts
    Make a design sheet that illustrates either the person or idea that is bringing hope (68A) or the people or artefacts that combine to make something greater (68B).

One or All-Deadline: Monday, February 25th, 2013, 11:59 pm anywhere in the world. - There is still a small extension of POW! 67, so get over there before Thursday!

You can present your solution as a minimum of TWO pages to any practical maximum you wish. Previously, we encouraged standard comic book pages, but it's beyond time to broaden the challenge in P.O.W.! Your pages can be any format, but make sure they line up to the same specs for each page.

Standard comic specs are below...and, yes, you can have the first or last (or both) as a splash page if you want--just don't get TOO extreme on page counts.

REMEMBER: You don't have to have a complete comic to qualify for polling--if you realize you're running out of time, try to get at least TWO pages finished by the deadline. That's all you need to qualify for polling..

Standard Comic Book Size:

--Trim size: 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    --Live art area: 6" x 9"
    --Bleed size before trimming: 6 7/8" x 10 1/2" (1/8" in all directions)

.................................................. .............................

Good luck.

To all of you who have supported the P.O.W.! Challenges, from the bottom of my heart I thank you. Cheers you guys. P.O.W.! People are the best people.

Just a reminder--those of you who didn't get a chance to finish exactly the way you wanted to, or ran into deadline problems, remember there is a sticky section where you can post your stuff when you do get it up to speed.

Last edited by donalfall; February 24th, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Reason: extension on deadline
    P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the most underrated thread on this entire forum.

quick scribble + idea text

It must be guilt consuming my train of thought, i lost track of time. Nobody said being the messenger would be easy,
    i kept thinking about choices, others i've come to have known and the lives they lead. When all of sudden my bombardment of thought
    halted to the gasping breath of my horse. AMBUSH! how could i let my vigilance slip right as the sun was falling down towards the horizon.
    Thanking the creators in Avalon they had none archers with them. Seems somebody wanted to keep this war going, funny only a few knew i carried the
    peace treaties with me. . . .

Name:  pow68A_A_extr_H_wip1.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  131.6 KB

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I never knew there was a comic section of the weekly (or weeklyISH) community activities. Might participate in this if I can figure it out.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JFierce - welcome! I hope you have time to come join us.

AdrianNagorski - I agree with you. Awesome picture my friend.

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    donalfall: its got a lot of proportional mistakes, im actually struggling to figure out a system of how to implement my panels, with the story i have it super hard, i dont know if you remember the journey with the catull challenge i had an idea and my panels were horrendous, pre-planing maybe as thumbnails anyways i;ll figure it out, i have to!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey great start adrian- wish i could participate but it will be a few weeks before i get my eqiupement. so im basically only able to use the school computers right now. but i can't wait too get back to p.o.w!!!!!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s. sabastian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still trying to figure this out, again not liking what i've done,
    so a re-paneling of the first two frames i had, seem a bit better i think. . . .
    i doubt i'll get to finish this but i'll try to put it all together some how. . .
    Name:  pow68_a1_redone.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  217.3 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AdrianNagorski For This Useful Post:

donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    24 hours extra on this because as usual I have to go into town on monday to scan mine in... I really have to buy a new scanner (he says for the millionth time). New topic up soon.

Members who have read this thread: 1