Sketchbook: SeraphSword's new Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: SeraphSword's new Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SeraphSword's new Sketchbook

Well, it's hard to believe but I really haven't been on this site in almost five years. It was pretty big when I was last a regular here, and it seems like it's kept growing. I remember when Tonci Zonjic was just a kid named lungbug we all admired and envied in equal measure. I wish I could say that I spent those years away in an artistic monastery, doing nothing but drawing, but the truth is I've been very off-and-on with my art since then. So, I'm starting this thread to try to get back in the habit.

About me, I'm a QA tester in Austin, Texas. I work mostly digital these days, but I do still sketch on paper when I can. Artistically my goals are more toward comics, but I try to do a lot of traditional style study to be well rounded. If I have any artistic talent at all, it lies in the fact that I don't have an ego about my art. I love to hear where I've gotten something wrong, because it gives me the chance to improve. So comments and criticism are always welcome.

First up, a couple of portraits I've done in the past few days, with gifs showing the process:

Name:  p0002sb.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  91.2 KBName:  p0002.gif
Views: 201
Size:  372.3 KBName:  p0003finB.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  94.1 KBName:  p0003.gif
Views: 169
Size:  454.1 KB

On the Morgan Freeman one, I screwed up pretty bad, apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention when flipping the horizontal. Oh well, live and learn.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first portrait doesn't look bad.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback FS.

Haven't been drawing as much as I should, but I do get some time in occasionally.

This one's a self-portrait, about 2 hours in PS CS5. Not too happy with how it came out, but I'll try again another day.
    Name:  sp0001s.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  116.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I appreciate that process gif, lots of ideas to try out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice paintings. I like scratches too ,haha. On your self portrait, the lips kind of fall flat since there's no deeper shading on the ends. Very nicely rendered, but i would like you to use some pure black too, to enhance the depth

My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Members who have read this thread: 2