Beach
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Beach

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Beach

I would like any general critiques on this one.
    It was done in Copic Markers.

Name:  Beach.png
Views: 218
Size:  1.10 MB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 730 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hm. Where do you want to go with your art? Do you want to move in a more realistic direction, or a more cartoony direction, or what?

It's kind of sitting on the fence at the moment. Elements of it are very cartoony, elements look more realistic. Not, of course, that there's much you can do to change a marker drawing, if it's on paper. (Though you can move marker drawing around in all kinds of fun ways if you work on tracing paper).

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    Hm. Where do you want to go with your art? Do you want to move in a more realistic direction, or a more cartoony direction, or what?

It's kind of sitting on the fence at the moment. Elements of it are very cartoony, elements look more realistic.
    Yeah, I guess I'm kind of going for more realistic here. But for this picture, I wanted to practice mainly on scenery, as I don't do scenery often.

Not, of course, that there's much you can do to change a marker drawing, if it's on paper.
    True. I guess I mainly need some tips on how I can improve the scenery to look more realistic. The clouds/sun were mainly my problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney3711 View Post
    I guess I mainly need some tips on how I can improve the scenery to look more realistic. The clouds/sun were mainly my problems.
    You do it by going out and observing the clouds (observing the sun directly with naked eye or magnifying optics is not recommended). Also, you ought to look how other artists stylize their clouds and suns, it might prove inspirational or provide insights into what to look for when you observe.

Other than that - get textbooks by Loomis, a pack of cheap paper, some pencils, and learn to draw.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.