Barbie Art School - Performance Documentation - What do you make of this?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Barbie Art School - Performance Documentation - What do you make of this?

Hey, I'm new here and looking forward to being part of the community.

I can't find much performance art type stuff here and want to know what this community thinks of it. I'm also thinking of including it in my portfolio, but I haven't gotten any opinion from someone who doesn't know know me offline.

I'm a sophomore fine art student at the Corcoran (for now at least).

This is a documentation piece of a performance I did in the Corcoran Gallery (Washington's largest non-federally funded art institution). It's about the purgatory that art students put themselves in because they have all the want but none of know about becoming part of the art world. I'm the girl in the green, on the right in the video, left in the image, with big glasses.

Also, my school had to create a new set of rules because of this performance.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're not likely to find much positive feedback from CAO. Don't really know what site would be appropriate, but probably not this one. This is a community of artists who generally strive to become technically efficient at their craft, rather than trying to mask their shortcomings with a "message".

Don't remember who said this, but I seem to recall it was someone from here:
    "Expression cannot, nor should it, mask poor draftsmanship."

Someone probably has some suggestions for more performance-driven art sites.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iambanana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    id never tell anyone not to post their work, but for the specific purposes of this crit area, its geared toward critting imagery. if you have any image-based work you want people to have a look at post it?

re. the theme of your performance, keep in mind most working people think art students have an easy life so you might not find much sympathy. there are specific techniques you can learn to ideate even when you have no ideas; specifically thumbnail sketches and big brushes, to use examples from image making and design.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, I suppose that's what I was expecting.

I'm glad to hear the "technically efficient at their craft" bit because that's what this site looks like. It was really hard for me to find information on what exactly this forum is about overarching the separate forums. However, I think there's also a technically efficient concept and a technically efficient way to demonstrate it, just like telling a story in a watercolor painting. But you may be right, I should probably stick to my the less "experimental" work on here. Hopefully someone will point me to a more conceptually driven art site someday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there a place on here to upload video?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want to post conceptual art and talk about it here on ConceptArt, the art discussion forum might be the best place for it. You can find it in the general forums section.
    That might also be a good place to ask if anyone could recommend good forums for discussing conceptual art.

If you want to discuss the technical aspects of your videos (if it's not animation) you might want to try the photography forum.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frida Bergholtz For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.