Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Vilppu Academy - Online?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Vilppu Academy - Online?

Hey all,

I just happen to notice that Glen Vilppu offers a basic drawing online class called "Drawing Essentials" for $600. It already started but I was wondering if anyone is currently taking this course? If so, what are your thoughts. Probably would be better to hear a review after the course is finished.

Right now moneys tight but I'm planning on enrolling next time is becomes available. I've seen his videos for anatomy. The way he explains and draws impresses the hell of of me.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm taking the class, right now I'm on the 2nd week moving onto the next this Monday.

You watch a pre-recorded video made for the class on Monday with homework that's due on Saturday. You can ask questions under the lesson and Vilppu replies the next day.

Wednesday there's a group video chat where he answers all the questions again so he can draw things out and when questions are done he does a live demo. (Followed by more questions if there's time) The chats are recorded and posted the day after so you don't have to be in the chat to get your question answered in detail.

The following Monday a review of everyone's work is posted and the next lesson starts. You also get emails with pdfs with drawings by Vilppu for the classes.

Skill levels go from people just starting out to people who have finished art school so the review video is a fun watch.

Over all it's a great class and gives you what you need to start. I plan on finishing the 6 week, study the material for 4 weeks on my own, then do it again when it starts up again to see if I am still lacking anywhere. (if work pans out) So we may end up classmates in a while.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've attended 2x of Vilppu's classes. Each class lasting for an entire week. It is all worth it! That man can draw, and he can teach drawing faster than anyone else. I've gained so much experiences taking his classes, and my understanding of shapes and volume is a lot better than previously, before the classes.

It is definitely worth it - also he is getting old, so you better do it while you can!

---------------------------
    My brain just exploded!

My Sketchbook < < <

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can someone tell me how much time I usually need everyday for the class?
    Is it strongly recommended to to the Drawing Essentials Class before you do the figure class?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone know when the next classes start (essentials)?

Members who have read this thread: 8