Colour wheels for Photoshop CS6 - A short list
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Colour wheels for Photoshop CS6 - A short list

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Colour wheels for Photoshop CS6 - A short list

I've been semi-following the developments of colour wheels for photoshop since the near beginning (Happened to drop in this sub-forum at the right time). I'll get right down to business:

Len White/Vorp's colour wheel:
    http://www.nerdchallenge.com/lenwhite/

Have not used this extensively (If hardly ever), so I cannot comment other than that.

Anastasiy's Magic Picker:
    http://www.anastasiy.com/

Pros:
    The most versatile of of them all, perhaps.
    -Colour Wheel
    -Square Picker
    -Slider
    -RGB/CMYK/HSB modes, lots of them.

Cons:
    Occasionally, the registration information will need to be re-entered, as the program will default/reset (No idea why). Do this enough times, and the registration information will lock up. And you'll have to send an email to Anastasiy himself asking him to reset it.

I've used Anastasiy for all the longest of times. After I tried to use Len White's, but unfortunately at the time, it didn't work for CS4 or 5. I have no complaints, really, only perhaps a few slight performance improvements.

Coolorus:
    http://www.coolorus.com/

Pros:
    A lot more slick - "feels" faster.
    Similar core features to Magic Picker, but a little less versatile.
    No registration issues like Magic Picker.

Cons:
    Can't quite think of much at the moment. But I could find something.

I have not used all of three extensively, but I will to see how each of the 3 fare compared to each other.

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Lenswhite painter's wheel can work in CS4 and CS5 it's just rather slow sometimes.

I ended up moving to Coolorus because the licensing is very nice for the price.
    Each license you buy is good for 2 computers. I believe the Anastasiy one is only good per computer basis?

Plus the guy has been on the site here and very nice. He is still offering discount codes too.
    I know he was developing the picker to work on an OS basis but at this point it's Mac Only iirc.

Ah one con to coolorus is that it won't work on older versions of CS since it needs Adobe Air to operate.
    Anastasiy I believe can operate on some older versions of CS.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never had problems with MagicPicker and from experience it's actually much faster than any other alternative. Do you use the latest version 2.2? I updated and it rocks!

Every other thing I tried crashed or locked up my Photoshop at some point. And here in San Francisco everyone in my company in film editing uses it - Anastasiy has good discounts as well - you just need to talk to him The support for MagicPicker is the best I've experienced ever from any small software company - he fixes things immediately. And I've never had any problems with registration. Installed it once and it worked forever. Updated it two or three times with out a problem. I also bought two other panels he has and use them together in Anastasiy's special Attach mode - very convenient. Just had one problem once with MixColors panel he has for mixing colors wrote to him and he answered me almost immediately!!

Anastasiy is also on this site - http://conceptart.org/forums/member....5099-Anastasiy and sometimes he answers tech questions here as well as on his company facebook page: http://facebook.com/PhotoshopPanels

And the last and the best thing about it - MagicPicker is constantly being updated with small and big neat features. (And it's already the most feature-packed Photoshop panel for professionals). So my vote is for MagicPicker!

Last edited by Viovista; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 22