Sketchbook: S.M.K.'s Humble Odyssey
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

S.M.K.'s Humble Odyssey

Upon having some sort of enlightenment through my recent experiences, I take my pencil-sword to slay the paper beasts adversaries that I will encounter in my path. My desire is great, my head is not clouded with doubt or arrogance, only willingness to improve, adapt and evolve.

Criticism is always welcome (and needed!).

I treat this sketchbook as a progressive journey. Even the most awful things I can conjure up will be reflected upon to improve and learn from, not to be ashamed of.

So I'm putting my feelers out and seeing what I can improve from. Currently, I am focusing on anatomy studies.
    Testing scanner with an old doodle from a year ago, but never really fully applied myself. Something to look back on.

Name:  randomfind.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  266.2 KB
    My first daily exercises.
    Name:  figuredrawing.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  139.4 KBName:  figuredrawing2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  138.7 KB

They're pretty bad, but it's something to look back on. Constructive criticism is cool and will be used.

"Every moment wasted is a moment your opponent trains. When you meet him, he will win." - Grandmaster Cho

Sketchbook / S.M.K. D.A.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kiko...

I love it when people are open and confident with their willingness to learn. This is an aspiration I find i have always lacked in and most of my time has been spent doodling away by myself hiding my sketches away.

What I would personally say is maybe try to spend more time on studying the form before drawing it. Sounds like a silly thing to say and a bit rude... but I don't mean it like that at all. Look at the object like you have never seen it before. While 5 and 10 minute sketches are seemingly the order of the day, it doesn't hurt to study your subject and to treat the marks you make on the page with the same attention.

Obviously study anatomy... which you already are on the way of. Once you understand the anatomy of the human form you will then find it a lot easier to speed sketch. Have a look at musculature and skeletal structure. Try to understand which muscles connect to what bones etc. You obviously catch the movement and flow of form which I like.

This is the first time I have ever critiqued anyones work... so I apologise if I'm not making sense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benny phillips For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Benny! I used to be a lot like that as well so I can relate.

It's not a rude thing to say at all, I see where you are going with it. I'll be sure to remember to act as if I haven't seen the object in my entire life before. I just started out today after maybe nearly a decade? No excuses there, I'm going to look up some muscles and skeletal structure right now and study/draw them. (Will edit this post to include them so I'm not just trying to shamelessly bump!)
    You made perfect sense and it helps a lot, I am really grateful.

"Every moment wasted is a moment your opponent trains. When you meet him, he will win." - Grandmaster Cho

Sketchbook / S.M.K. D.A.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to CA, Kiko!

You definitely have the right attitude to improve. I agree with what Benny said about forms. It took me a while studying anatomy before I realized that I needed to work a lot more from life to actually apply it better. All I can say is, don't be afraid to tackle your fears/weaknesses and you'll improve in no time! I'll be looking forward to your future posts!

Sketchbook -- Any feedback helps!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eroquii For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.