Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    hard labor rolling over, here cool stuff avon keep it up your doing very good
    E-mai:l maldjoan@gmail.com
    Also, would be cool if you stop by my
    SKETCHBOOK http://www.conceptart.org/forums/create-sketchbooks/271877-art.html
    LIVESTREAM http://www.livestream.com/mrjovi?t=649391
    FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/Jovilicious

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I like your study painting. This is really interesting to see your improve. Good job and keep it up !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 894 Posts
    hey Avon! great going there! you've made a lot of progress. hmm, I do think you should spend some more time measuring before you actually draw. espec when doing life pieces. close one eye and your your pen to measure distances. head height vs head width. tye eye position relative to the middle line. then check those on your paper. after that you can just fill in the blanks and your always safe. well, remember to remeasure after putting in the basic shapes maybe. I'll be back, see how your break-in into the industry is going
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

Thanks
    the studies are looking great!
    i always try to keep this one in mind when studying too: drawing>values>color
    construction/drawing is king

Thanks
    good, I see progress, keep on going!
    My Sketchbook

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks
    Really good progress, keep it up!

Thanks for replying to my sketchbook!

Thanks
    p sage Thank you!

jovilicious Thanks

féfé73 Thank you!

ashess Thank you I will try that method! Thanks for stopping by

Flaskpost Yeah I can get a little impatient sometimes haha, have to slow down and focus. Thanks for the advice

Danny_KThank you I will

Falapoco Thank you!

So I hope this sketchbook isnt too boring to look through but I havent really been doing anything that appealing really, am starting to work on finishing things which is really challenging me and Im never satisfied with the results but I guess I just need to finish and move on to the next one and hopefully get a little better every time

But here are some quick female figure studies/gestures and some practice in drawing faces and I guess I could just as well put a WIP of the painting Im working on even though it looks pretty rough and pretty horrible at the moment.
    Thanks for looking

Attachment 1876560

Attachment 1876561

Name:  Scan0061 (640x465).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  WIPWIP (511x640).jpg
Views: 189
Size:  106.0 KB
    My Sketchbook
    Crits and help of any kind are more than welcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 894 Posts
    yw. and im not bored. the 2 first images are not showing in that post, but I like the penciled lady's head a lot!
    SKETCHBOOK - my website - facebook company page
    ooh yeah; did you know I'm a certified art-teacher? that's right. everything arty I say has been endorsed by the state of the Netherlands! (they'll be sorry soon)

Thanks
    Nice line drawing portret Master studys look nice, but other works looks a bit disaturated, lacking contrast 15 year old ? Doing great keep going at it !

Thanks
    ashess Ah I'll try to fix that, and thanks!

Daumis Thanks I'll keep an eye on my saturation and contrast next time

So I traveled to Iceland for the holidays and didnt have much time for digital stuff there so basically just did a bunch of sketchbook stuff that hasnt been scanned yet, but here's a final for the first ''finished'' digital painting I've ever done, not as polished as it could be but I feel I can do so much better that I'd rather just call it finished and learn from it.
    I dont like it at all since my workflow is all messed up and my knowledge of colors is limited hence the horrendous colors and it took more work and frustration than it should have but I guess you have to start somewhere

Name:  MageFinalfinal (639x800).jpg
Views: 153
Size:  187.8 KB
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Avon! Your sketchbook is great! I just had to stop by in appreciation of you stopping by my sketchbook! I really loved seeing your progression. I noticed in your latest updates that your proportions are getting off track, don't forget to keep practicing your bodily proportions. You are doing so well, and you have much dedication! I am really liking the pink highlights on the latest update.
    -AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Hey, you've improved a fair bit. Keep it up with those studies! At this stage it's best to just grind things out.

Also hey, another Art Camper! I'm finding it so difficult to keep up with the work. XD How are you finding it?

Thanks
    Nice color studies, seems you are on the right track...
    I like the portrait sketch in #112, try to focus more on anatomy and proportions, construction of the face...
    keep going

Thanks
    AdrienneRose - Thanks! I really do need some work on my proportions hahah. Thanks for stopping by

Umbravita - Hey thanks! I really didn't work as hard as I should have but I did learn quite a few things. How did you like the camp?

Jablar - Thanks I will

Hey guys!
    So Im back, its been almost a year since I posted here and I thought I'd post here to get some feedback.
    Been an interesting year, started high school and made some awesome new friends with similar interests.

Been trying step up my painting meanwhile so I would really appreciate some feedback

Here's one thats really close to finished but I just cant seem to get the surroundings to work, especially the sky and trying to achieve a sort of vibrance and atmosphere.

I would really like some critiques on this one.

Ill be posting some sketches and unfinished stuff later on

Have a nice one guys and thanks for looking.

WIP
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Avon; November 16th, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    At this rate, you'll have no trouble breaking into the industry. Keep up the great work, and hey, thanks for the visit on my SB!

Critiques on your latest? Well, her head looks to be sitting too far forward on her neck. There are little things like that. Just keep practicing, and you'll get it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast