Hi there,

I didn't know where else to put this so apologies if I've got the wrong board (there are quite a few!)
I'm not an artist, I have tried but I lack the necessary patience and/or technical ability. I am however a musician (of sorts).
Basically, I'm looking to create a video piece to go with my music. The idea is a bit hard to explain without visual aid, perhaps because it's a terrible idea, but I won't know until I've made something approximating it. Essentially I want to do a 4x4 grid looping 16 short videos of a man getting out of bed, each video will have slight variations so that they differ slightly in length. I then want to write a piece of music to sync up to it.
I'm also toying with the idea of making individual videos 'blink' in time with the music and possibly running them through filters (?) so that they change colour etc.
I then want to project this onto a large screen (I can figure out how to do this myself hopefully).

If anyone knows of any (cheap or free!) software which would allow me to do this, and also anything about video cameras (I'm not particularly bothered about quality) then it would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

rbhewitt.