Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks

Igor Sketchbook - My jurney from noob to pro.... . . . . .

Hello everyone!!!
    I am starting my SB tread... I will do studies every day and post them in here... I hope that this tread will force me to be consistent and just keep going... I would like to get feedback and crits, but the thing that I want the most is to get to know people that are into the same things as I am. Hope this works!!!

For starters I will post the work that I done to this poin (just the digital stuff).
    Here are some enviroment studies I did... just from google....
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  398.0 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  396.3 KBName:  03.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  253.2 KBName:  04.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  425.8 KBName:  05.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  416.0 KBName:  06.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  432.2 KBName:  07.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  381.6 KB

Here is a quick one of my friend and her cat, but a bit twisted...
    Name:  Ema-and-Bela.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  329.5 KB

This one is my concept of Whitewalkers I did for the Gnomon contest... Havent won any place tho...
    Name:  Whitewalkerss.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  514.3 KB

Than I did a concept of a Hot rod because I wanted to learn how reflective surfaces work... and also did a bunch of drawings in pencil to learn perspective before I did this... Couse I figured that hard surface stuff would be the best way to learn perspective....
    Name:  web-image.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  476.0 KB

The last one for my first post is a concept of a creature i did after studying animal anatomy for a while... But it turned out a little blown out...
    Name:  Flower-creature-web.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  499.5 KB...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Good stuff you got going their. It would be interesting to see your improvement progressing, so im subscribing Can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    This is a really promising start! I’m definitely going to keep an eye on your sketchbook.

Thanks
    Edum & SophieW: Wow! Thank you! I will try my best to improve... I just can't believe how inspired I just got from your comments... I knew it wold be inspiring but not this much... Thx!

Thanks

Study - Preparing for my next personal work...

Hi,
    these are some studies I did today... I spent a bit to much time on the bodybuilder... guess I could have used that time to do a couple of less detailed studies. On the other hand I think my rendering improved on this one, so i guess it is worth it. For those wondering it took me about 5 hours...

I wanted to ask is there any good book or link for composition. I know all the basic stuff, like thirds composition, spiral composition, no tangents, contrast... but I have a problem putting it in practice....

Any way here are the studies... I will be focusing on figure, anatomy and faces in the next period...
Views: 864
Size:  118.5 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  191.8 KB

Last edited by IgorIv; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks
    ...btw how do I make these attachments not show, or not be so large... It is annoying...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IgorIv View Post
    ...btw how do I make these attachments not show, or not be so large... It is annoying...
    I just save my files to be around 700-900px wide, if I know I'm going to post them here. There isn't really any other way (that I know of) to make them smaller on this site. It's something you have to do yourself, which is kind of.. irritating.

As for your sketchbook-- I'd say you're doing great. The only thing that irks me is the use of overly saturated colors. You don't really see those that much in nature, do you? Nope. Also, seeing as you're a lot into making environments (?) I'd recommend you watch Feng Zhu's Design Cinema -videos on YouTube. You'll find them by going to the channel "FZDSCHOOL". Seen them already? Well, then you just need to practice, I guess. *shrug* And by the way, I started my sketchbook for the same purpose as you. And I can already see myself improving, environment-wise at least. : D

Thanks
    Ehecod: Thank you! Your stuff is really good... The environments are especially good... I am not that much into the environments, but I am aware that i need to learn them to do anything else, plus it was a really good exercise for values (the environments I did where just copying some stuff from google, giving myself 30 min). Yea, I watched all of the FZD videos, good stuff... Keep going and thanks again...

Thanks
    Study, study....
    Name:  03.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  118.1 KB

Thanks
    Guys I am preparing to do my character work but I dont want to spend all that time rendering and stuff before I get the pose correct... So could you help me with crits how to correct mistakes in this sketch and how to make the composition and pose more powerful, effective...
Views: 1181
Size:  60.2 KB

Thanks
    here is another pose... two versions... crits, advice, which one is better?
    Name:  02.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  65.4 KBName:  03.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  68.0 KB

Thanks
    Here is todays study... Did a armor study for my next work... and to switch it up a bit from the body and figure studies...
    Name:  Study1.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  252.8 KB

Thanks

Avatar Study - Skin and secondarry light

Here is a another study I did for the piece I'm planing to do... The point of this study was to see how secondary light reacts with blue skin, because I am planing for my character to have blue skin and in the final illustration I plan to have some kind of fire as a secondary light source... and pls give feed back on poses I did which one do you like the best... also give crits... Thank you
    Name:  Study2.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  251.1 KB

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1