AAU and Sheridan, which one should I choose?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: AAU and Sheridan, which one should I choose?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

AAU and Sheridan, which one should I choose?

Hi guys! I'm a Vietnamese student and I'm going to study abroad. I'm confusing about which school should I choose. One is Academy of Art University in SF, US. The other one is Sheridan college in Toronto, Canada. So, if I want to study about Illustration, which one should I choose? I know that if you want to get in Sheridan, you have to send a portfolio, but with AAU, you don't have to. Can you guys give me some advices?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tqminh111 View Post
    Hi guys! I'm a Vietnamese student and I'm going to study abroad. I'm confusing about which school should I choose. One is Academy of Art University in SF, US. The other one is Sheridan college in Toronto, Canada. So, if I want to study about Illustration, which one should I choose? I know that if you want to get in Sheridan, you have to send a portfolio, but with AAU, you don't have to. Can you guys give me some advices?
    As far as I know Sheridan has one of the best programs for illustration. If you have the skills or at least the time do your work you will most certainly get in. Getting in is that hard though, they just need you to draw models and stuff. Though make sure you know what you want to study, how much you can pay for it and start preparing what you have to prepare depending on the university. Because there is a major difference between illustration and animation (at least in portfolio requirments I think). Also why don't you look at other school different from the Academy of Art, as far as I know it's a not a really good school. But portfolio preparation is the most important thing if you want to go to a better school. I don't know your circmustances but try applying in many places you will have a better chance of getting accepted. Look at SVA, SCAD, RISD, MICA, CCAD and so on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply :3 I'm researching those school. Thanks alot platformerbg.
    One more question: can I get a schoolarship? Because I'm a foreign student, and that will help alot.

Last edited by tqminh111; January 21st, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tqminh111 View Post
    Thanks for the reply :3 I'm researching those school. Thanks alot platformerbg.
    One more question: can I get a schoolarship? Because I'm a foreign student, and that will help alot.
    Most universities (if not all) give only merit scholarships to international students which are based mostly on your portfolio work (while there are some who take into account your academic achievments). Depending on the university you can get different amounts. Look into the thread of accepted portfolios and you will get an idea of what is needed for a certain amount. In Canada it's more cheap though, so if you don't plan on living in the USA I would say go for Canadian universities, don't know if they give out that many scholarships though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok thanks for the informations platformerbg ( ^_^)b

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.