Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: voice commands in painter

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question voice commands in painter

Hi all,

First off, my apologies if this has been answered before, I looked through the stickies and did a site-search and didn't see it come up. I also read through the painter 12 manual (well, skimmed, plus searched) and I didn't find anything relevant. So here's my question: How do you use dictation/voice commands in painter 12? I saw a youtube video - I wish I could remember which one I was watching - where the person in the video switched brushes using a voice command. It took my brain a little while, but then I realized how amazingly useful that could be. Anyway, I was hoping someone could point me to some information as to how to actually use it. I get that you can enable it, and then hit "function, function" to have it take a command, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything. I'm assuming you need to use specific commands or something along those lines.

My setup, if this is relevant: osx 10.8.2 painter 12.2.0.703. Macbook pro 13" mid-2012.

Thanks in advance!
    Nick

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wouldn't this be something you set up in your OS Accessibility Options?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the response - that makes sense. I was thinking that it might have specific commands built in to do things.

I'm new here and could always use some advice / criticism. Feel free to take a peak at my sketchbook if you have the time.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.