Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Iris

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    looks.. comfy..

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm of the mindset that the seated or reclining figure should always look like they can maintain a pose. Unstable poses should be reserved for action.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hexokinase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All that mystery for some screenshots, I'm glad you finally posted them I can see now why things cannot work.

I'm sorry but your Zbrush model was WAY more accurate about anatomy that this thing. A ragdoll like that have too many issues to be relevant in anatomy discussion. I'm okay you use 3D to find the point of view, but not to involve big proportions mistakes. Just by looking at the way the legs are you can see the pivot for femur bone are not at the good place, it miss some vertebra and probably others things... a low quality articulated toy would give the same result.

All the discussion was about solving the point of view and finding why this point of view was involving the proportions of the lady and IF it was a possible cause to the anatomic issues.
    Actualy the ragdoll do not helps for this, it adds big mistakes at the equation and reproduces the exact same anatomy issues that had been pointed out (at least that proves the anatomy wasn't correct).

Many references had been posted, they all share the solution that the zbrush model also shows.
    The ragdoll proves this posture do not works, and not only because of a "point of view", it lack too many point support. Trying to find a solution by forcing a body proportion to fit a non-natural pose definitly is not a good solution.

* My current blog
    * Sketchbook page on CA.org coming soon...

Have a good and creative day !

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    In this instance I have to concur.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icaramba!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffonnage View Post
    All that mystery for some screenshots, I'm glad you finally posted them I can see now why things cannot work.

I'm sorry but your Zbrush model was WAY more accurate about anatomy that this thing. A ragdoll like that have too many issues to be relevant in anatomy discussion. I'm okay you use 3D to find the point of view, but not to involve big proportions mistakes. Just by looking at the way the legs are you can see the pivot for femur bone are not at the good place, it miss some vertebra and probably others things... a low quality articulated toy would give the same result.

All the discussion was about solving the point of view and finding why this point of view was involving the proportions of the lady and IF it was a possible cause to the anatomic issues.
    Actualy the ragdoll do not helps for this, it adds big mistakes at the equation and reproduces the exact same anatomy issues that had been pointed out (at least that proves the anatomy wasn't correct).

Many references had been posted, they all share the solution that the zbrush model also shows.
    The ragdoll proves this posture do not works, and not only because of a "point of view", it lack too many point support. Trying to find a solution by forcing a body proportion to fit a non-natural pose definitly is not a good solution.
    You are absolutely right, but veered way off track in assuming furthur intent on my part that just isn’t there. What was my sole intention with this little demo? I explained prior.

Answer:

To determine the location of the viewer (viewer’s eyes specifically) in the scene. NOTHING MORE.

Yes, you’re right, the model mirrored the anatomical issues copied in the sketch. But the anatomy was not my concern AT ALL. I stated more than once that I had NO INTENTION of trying to fix this now abandoned figure. I don’t care if her right knee was bent upward by 135° with her foot turned 180° (apply that to the left leg too) and her neck extended by 3 feet. The anatomy was never my concern with this little exercise. I don’t understand why you just don’t get that. Oh well.

This horse is dead and no amount of insisting that it is a cow will bring it back to life, I’m afraid.

Post 95 is a great little synchronistic reflection of what is happening here. It's just not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ever View Post
    I have a Volito II too! It's possible to do good paintings with it, you just have to get used to it. ALSO, one very important detail - DID YOU DOWNLOAD THE TABLET DRIVER FROM THE WACOM WEBSITE? The one in the cd doesn't actually seem to do anything, and without downloading the right one, you don't get any pressure sensitivity, one of the most important reasons to use a tablet at all. It's basically a sophisticated mouse that way. If you haven't downloaded it, I could quickly find it for you c:
    There's a HUUUGE difference, believe me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thanks for being rude when I'm just trying to help! I'm not the one derailing the one thread due to my own stubborness, ugh.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's it. I'm closing this until I'm ready to post something new.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 2