Sketchbook: Jay's Random Lolling About

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Darkwolf currently lives in the wilds of Pembrokeshire, and rumours of Donner Party goings on are to be fully discounted!
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jay's Random Lolling About

Hello everybody, Jamie Durbin here, looking to improve my skills, and as part of that, I'm trying to keep in practice by posting a page of sketchies a day, minimum. This is all done digitally unless I point out otherwise.

So, in the spirit of that... here's one I made earlier today, and one from both today and yesterday. Not the most amazing of starts, but there it is...

This first one was me practicing skulls and faces yesterday, and some quick poses, not all of which worked the way I planned...

Name:  SB19-1-13.png
Views: 207
Size:  190.0 KB

This page is me attempting to vaguely work on my redesign of D'Sparil from Heretic (which has gone nowhere for a long time... but I keep plugging at it), two messy self portraits, and page filler because I hate white-space with a passion.

Name:  SB20-1-13.png
Views: 189
Size:  466.1 KB

EDIT: By the way, comments, critique, and advice are always welcomed!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darkwolf; January 20th, 2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Clarifying Stuffs.
    "Most people have to be mad to work here... I live in one of the few places you have to be mad to live here..."
    -Darkwolf (aka Jamie Thomas Durbin)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Darkwolf currently lives in the wilds of Pembrokeshire, and rumours of Donner Party goings on are to be fully discounted!
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right, a couple more! This first one was a random character... costume's a bit naff, and needs a lot of work, but I'm sure I'll come up with something...

Name:  SB20-1-13P2.png
Views: 136
Size:  238.6 KB

And then there was "life drawing" practice. That toddler took me three attempts to even draw the DEMON CHILD, the rest took approx 5-10 minutes each, one try each.

Name:  SB20-1-13P3.png
Views: 79
Size:  411.4 KB

Last edited by Darkwolf; January 20th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
    "Most people have to be mad to work here... I live in one of the few places you have to be mad to live here..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A friend challenged me to sketch a Magical Bird, so... took me about... oh, dear, 40 minutes? Oh, well, it's good enough for a cover for now...

The Flametongue Bird - While it normally eats insects, the Flametongue bird, due to living in a high magic area, has evolved the ability to create a flame aura around its body to discourage predators.

Name:  FlametongueBird.png
Views: 79
Size:  608.7 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.