Art: student: thuyngan portfolio 2012
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: student: thuyngan portfolio 2012

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

student: thuyngan portfolio 2012

Hi , I'm ThuyNgan
    I'm 20 and from VietNam.This's my portfolio for applying colledge in 2012.
    I had learnt architecture university for about 2 year.
    Unluckily, there's no game art or illstration school in VietNam :unhappy:.So, I just quit school and hired myself as a 2D artist for a game company- to save up for study abroad.
    Yesterday, one of my entries luckily got a third place in "Train your brain " contest on DA, sponsor by TAD.
    That encourages me a lot.So, I decide to submit my portfolio here, for a chance
    Love to receive your feedbacks, I'm really appriciated.Thanks so much so much

http://issuu.com/nguythuyngan/docs/thuyngan_2012/1

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You have some nice stuff there.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some nice stuff. I've been in the industry now for about 5 years and I have NEVER met a single person in the creative field who gained a job based on their education. In fact I know lots of successful people in the industry that never went to university. Your portfolio speaks for itself, and that's all you need to succeed.

If I had to criticise anything, I'd like to see more production art in your portfolio. At the moment it verges on the illustrative side more than anything. Thumbnails of characters, vehicles, environments and props are great, and something employers love to see as it shows you can come up with a range of ideas for one subject.

If you added that to your portfolio I don't think it will take you long to find a job, and you won't have to waste money studying at university. If this is the career you want to do, focus on your portfolio and don't even bother with university or further education because no one will look at your degrees, they will only look at your art.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazzard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Balck spot : thanks so much

@Hazzard :Thanks you so much, you hit it on the nails. I've just started to practise CG for 1,5 year , quite late .There's so way to catch up,so I dedicated 2012 year for improving basic foundations ^^.This year,I'll change alot to fit for job for sure.Love to have your feedback again on my 2013 porfolio.
    I've watched many WIPs ,learn from streamline , video channels , concept artbooks ,etc,... and I think TAD is somewhere deserve to spend all my money, my time.I'm working hard for it , haha .
    Thansk again, I'm really apprciated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice portfolio. but change it around. Best stuff at the front so first 2 pages your absolute best images. Move those studies out. and your last image should be equally strong. I like the one you have at the end, but it depends on what you put at the front.

"If you look back on last years work and you still like it: you are slipping."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AvP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thansk so much
    I'll put more practise at the front, I'm digging again my sketchbooks right now .

Last edited by thuyngan; January 22nd, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 3