Critique
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Critique

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Critique

This is my first submission on conceptart.org. Please be as harsh as you can, I don't mind, I would just love some feedback, thank you in advance

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 690 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Only one thing came to mind. "I used to be a great painting, but then I took an arrow to the--"

Anyway welcome! Unfortunately, this isn't really a matter of pointing out a few flaws you can fix to make it into a strong piece of art. For now, I would just recommend you do studies, and lots of them. Work on the proportions of your faces and the body, think logically when you paint (just an example; there's a pretty darn strong wind towards the back there but his hair doesn't seem to care much about it) and draw from life, work on your understanding of light and color, weight and composition. I would recommend you buy "Constructive Anatomy", a book by George Bridgeman and "Color and Light; A Guide for the Realist Painter" by James Gurney.

Either way, this does look like a piece you challenged yourself with so props to you for that and keep up that ambition and the hard work :>!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lhune For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.