Another laptop question?! Portability of 17" screens?

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Another laptop question?! Portability of 17" screens?

Sorry to clutter things up with yet another laptop question.

I'm about to get myself the laptop I've been promising myself for years - this is for mobile work, not to replace my desktop setup. I've settled on a WU/WSXGA display, but I'm undecided on size. The 17" displays look great, but I'm concerned the extra size ( and weight ) over the 15.4" machines might make them considerably less portable. On the other hand, the extra width and mass might be an advantage if it gives extra stability if I'm working 'en plein'...

Anyone have experience with 17" machines for mobile work?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Matt I've been using my 17" powerbook for my primary machine for over a year now. I have a nice tower at home but I prefer to use the laptop simply because I work on it in the office and my home office. No need to transfer files all the time, it's all in one place. I've travelled with it it on the plane several times and never had a space issue. The weight is really not even noticable... and the extra screen real estate really does make a difference when travelling. It might have cost a little more but personally I think it's worth every penny. It might not seem like much but when you're painting or working in a few different apps at once, the extra space really does make a difference.

Good luck with whatever you decide, just though I'd share my 2¢

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.