Art: Help Me And I'll Help Myself
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Help Me And I'll Help Myself

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Help Me And I'll Help Myself

Hey,

I'm a relatively new member of this site. I have been lurking for a while now and I have seen some people that have made some amazing progress with their art.

That said, I was wondering if anyone of you guys have some suggestions on resources like books, websites, etc on, for example anatomy, the head and perspective. You know, general things to help me learn and understand everything a bit better.
    Anything is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check out the sticky tread above the posts! Lycka till

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Post art so we know where you're at.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The character was made for a school assignment and the B/W environment was a sketch i did today.
    Name:  Bali Character_01a.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  358.0 KB

Name:  landscape painting_03c.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  391.1 KB

This one was just to test if i could make a creature head, (in this case a dragon), look right in perspective.
    Name:  dragon wip.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  267.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are quite good. What is missing now is the ability to either have the skills to paint details or to have the patience to paint details Don't know what you are lacking

The values of the landscape work fine, the colors of the character is also good and the anatomy of the dragon head is good too. If you'd just spend some more time on each of these they will turn out very solid - I'm sure.

You're asking for resources - http://www.ctrlpaint.com/ is a very good one. Also watch videos on Youtube. One video leads to the other and so on.

www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are quite good. What is missing now is the ability to either have the skills to paint details or to have the patience to paint details Don't know what you are lacking

The values of the landscape work fine, the colors of the character is also good and the anatomy of the dragon head is good too. If you'd just spend some more time on each of these they will turn out very solid - I'm sure.

You're asking for resources - http://www.ctrlpaint.com/ is a very good one. Also watch videos on Youtube. One video leads to the other and so on.
    Haha! Well... I guess I'll just push myself to try new and more intricate stuff then.

I'll search through youtube for some videos though.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.