Sketchbook: Kikindaface new sketchbook, still learning to draw !!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kikindaface new sketchbook, still learning to draw !!

Hi guys, it's been a long while since i posted here, and like the other sketchbook is too old and took the dust, i started a new one ! Right now me laptop isn't working, so there won't be digital stuff, but just drawings for now ! Don't hesitate to give critics, and tell me what you think are my weaknesses, what i should work, etc, really ... don't hesitate !
    Here is a bunch of work i did tuesday and yesterday, lots of studies, selfportraits, hands, either in pencil or fineliner, need to work on my line quality, on anatomy, on rendering, aaah need to get betteeeeeer !!!!!!! thanks and sorry for the quality of camera, it's just for the studis, but when i'll do full character designs, i'll scan them to get better quality !!

And i'll either update everyday, or every 2 days, but of course, without your involvment, i wouldn't go really far !!!

Attachment 1685742Attachment 1685743Attachment 1685744Attachment 1685745Attachment 1685747Attachment 1685748Attachment 1685749Attachment 1685750Attachment 1685751Attachment 1685752Attachment 1685753

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your linework is really solid Walid, awesome work Looking forward to more posts!
    Will you be going to the sketchmeet tomorrow?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Karein : thanks but there is still a lot of work to be done ! and sorry wasn't able to go to the sketchmeet, some things are happening so can't move too much ..

Well new post, having fun with selfportrait to break the routine of doing always the same thing ! As usual hands, anatomy studies, and oh crap quality, will fix that for the next post !

Attachment 1689338Attachment 1689339Attachment 1689340Attachment 1689341Attachment 1689342Attachment 1689343Attachment 1689344Attachment 1689345Attachment 1689346Attachment 1689347Attachment 1689348Attachment 1689349Attachment 1689350Attachment 1689351

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tes lignes sont bien sympas ! J'ai hâte de voir de ton boulot au digital

Tu es toujours à Cohl sinon ?

Bon boulot en tout cas ! Continue !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome lines man, very clean and even without shading you can already tell the form is good. Keep it up man! Very inspiring

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rappdg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Izzual : merci ! Et non je ne suis plus a emile cohl, après 2 ans passés la bas, tu te rends compte que l'école n'a pas grand chose a offrir en réalité, du coup jtaff dans mon coin et j'avance bcp mieux comme ca !

Rappdg : thanks dude !!

all, new update ! still drawing as much as i can, was a bit sick for the last few days !! need to draw moooooore !!!! Thanks for helping me guys, wanna hear what my weaknesses are, wanna hear what i should work on !!!

Attachment 1695547Attachment 1695548Attachment 1695549Attachment 1695550Attachment 1695551Attachment 1695552Attachment 1695553Attachment 1695554

Last edited by kikindaface; January 25th, 2013 at 07:32 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GOOD NEEEWS EVERYOOOONE ! I finally got a laptop so i'll be able to do some digital paintings ( after 2 months, pretty hard to do it again ^^ )
    usual update, tho selfportraits on photoshop ( shaved my beard and cuted my hair between the 2 sp haha )

Attachment 1699709Attachment 1699710Attachment 1699712Attachment 1699713Attachment 1699714Attachment 1699715Attachment 1699717Attachment 1699716Attachment 1699718Attachment 1699719Attachment 1699720Attachment 1699722Attachment 1699711Attachment 1699721

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wicked hand studies dude. Your referenced faces are really strong too. Keep drawing from imagination!

Twitter|Tumblr|CGhub|DeviantArt|Blog||Mick.MonsieurBeefy@gmail.com

available for work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    incredible sense of proportion, your faces, hands, feet are on point. I love how clean it looks! keep up the good work

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SarSengo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hands are really accurate mate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to grandpriy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay laptop! Thanks for stopping by my page man you made a lot of sense i'll be posting more drawing than paintings then. I'm happy you got a Laptop Great post , i love the black and white study and your lines are sweet very inspiring sketchbook keep up the good work.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Yemi775 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Monsieur-Beefy : thanks dude, i'll keep it up !
    SarSengo : thanks a lot !!
    grandpriy : Thanks mate !!
    Yemi775 : thanks a lot dude ! Cheers !!

Well guys, i understand what you mean, i'll do less hands and more general anatomy studies, really need to study gesture too !!! anyway, here is the update from today, selfportraits, some stuff from imagination, a still life, and my entry for the chow !

Attachment 1702850Attachment 1702851
    Attachment 1702852Attachment 1702853
    Attachment 1702854Attachment 1702855
    Attachment 1702856

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How the heck can you draw hands and the body with such accuracy man? Do you have some tips for me or something? Are there any construction techniques you use?

Freaking awesome man keep it up!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rappdg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a while since we did those challenges with Nettle_Mountain isn't it? I have to say in those years you must have grown by a yard or something! Or three yards! Very clean lines on those studies but, i would like to see you put in some more detail and life in the clothing studies and imagined stuff. So maybe do more drawing from life? And surely do some more pure gesture stuff too, to get you both tight and loose, if that makes any sense Anyway, you're trucking just fine, keep it up!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to walnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, thanks for your comment. I dunno what to say here, this all looks pretty awesome to me. Your figures and hands are crazy. Love that still life too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kvetch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    V tight linework, great studies. Are you always using reference for the hands? Either way I'm impressed.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Skill3ss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude, thanks for the honest critique in my SB, it means more than 1000 compliments.
    As far as your work goes I really like your lines and pencil studies, currently your weakness I would say is proportion in the figures and heads, try to see how everything relates to each other, in the face measure the distances between your nose to your lips and your eyes to the buttom of the nose etc. in the mirror and then make sure you got it down on paper, same thing goes for figures, I would suggest reading Andrew Loomis "figure drawing for all its worth" he explains in detail how to make good proportions on the figures and gives excellent examples to study from. I would recommend all of Loomis books they are a great source of academic level of art information from a true master.
    Keep in touch I will check up on ya

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff in here, your figure studies are looking really solid, not too much else to say since you seem to know how to get where you want to go for now, keep it up

31. The Following User Says Thank You to invinciblewombat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook! Your lines are looking good and you’re definitely going in the right direction. As for critiques I’d recommend looking at drapery and the way clothing works with the body etc. to push your imagination pieces even further

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SophieW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspiring bro!

Also, beard-less suits you way better!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri92 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think your drawings are great, maybe spend some time on more rendered stuff

37. The Following User Says Thank You to M.Calza For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,
    I really like those hand´s drawing. Your line work is really good.
    Maybe you should try more sketches from imagination

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Luk999 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great constructions, man; I love me some anatomy constructions For rendering, it might be helpful to do some lighting studies of basic geo-forms (cube, cylinder, cone, sphere) in different lighting setups and then combine those for more advanced forms. Not to say that any of your renderings are bad, but I think it would help to give you a clearer understanding of the subtleties involved with light. Keep it up!

41. The Following User Says Thank You to MrFrenik For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by!

Some great great studies here. Your figure drawings are very good. They have a sense of volume and weight that echoes realism and the contours strengthen that feeling. Overall, you line work is good, a nice distinction between line weights, although sometimes your outside lines get a bit thick so just watch out for that. Good to see you've got a laptop now. That's awesome news! The paintings look good so far, they loose but that's the best way to start; it's just practice. Your values look solid, maybe you can increase the value range just a tiny bit for emphasis.

Your character design is not bad but it could use some more attention I'd say. I would need to see more to get a better idea but from that one image it seems like you still need to spend some time making things feel like they are truly fitted onto the figure, that they feel like they are wearing what they are wearing. Know what I mean? I hope I'm being clear enough.

Anyways dude, good work. Keep em coming!

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Pryminista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all thank you for stopping by my SB, I really appreciate it.

I also really appreciate your work. Great line quality and (IMO) very good looking portraits. In fact I'd have to say that looking at your work and comparing it it my own schetchbook was one of the best learning experiences I had this week. Since we're both doing traditional anatomy and portraits, putting the two side by side revealed many of my mistakes.

I guess what I'm saying is thank you for sharing your work

All the best and keep pushing.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to dracken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dracken : ooh thanks a lot, it means a lot to me !! Keep up your studies !!

Mr.Pryminista : thanks a lot for taking your time to give cinstructive critics, i'll def work on that and try to study some design stuff like helmets, shoulders protections, to give better and more convincing designs to my characters ! thanks

MrFrenik: you're right, some basic stuff would be cool to do, i'll try to put that on my already busy schedule lol !!

Luk999: thanks, you're right dude, i need more imagination, well more of everything of course !!!

M.Calza: thanks ! i think of doing every week at least either the CHOW or characterforge, + at least 1 full illustration the week end ( and maybe half of another one lol i'll see ! ) i think that's enough in order to improve, and i'll doodle and experiment during the week lol

Jiri92 : thanks dude

SophieW: thanks !!

invinciblewombat : thanks dude !!

Danny_K: thanks dude for your comment, yep i really need to spend more time on those heads, and loomis is a great master, i'm actually reading creative illustration which is so great !!! Take care !!

Skill3ss : thanks dude, well most of the hands are from the mirror lol, and some are from mind !

Kvetch : thanks dude !

walnut : hey dude, it's been a very long time yep ! Thanks for the reply, i'll def more work on imagination, like i said earlier, i'll do either the chow or the characterforge every week, and at least one illustration every week end, + doodles and experimentations the week !! take care !!

rappdg : thanks dude, i replied on your thread about that

Well i've been really sick since the week end, so a tiny update, because i'm tired and too lazy to post all my gesture drawings and heads from loomis and imagination, i'll only post my paintings ... so a tiny update lol ( i think i'll update daily now, it won't take much time than now for replying to all of you :p )
    btw, i now my selfportrait are not looking fully rendered, nore super detailed, but i'm actually learning a lot with each of them !!!

Attachment 1707396
    Attachment 1707397
    Attachment 1707398

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man! You're totally kicking my ass here! Very inspiring progress here

It's very apparent how your value observation skill improved – keep it coming!

Your anatomy is also pretty damn nice already. On some pages I get the feeling that you are really good in observing the reference when drawing but that you are kinda lost (a little) when it comes to drawing from imagination. Try to study the underlying anatomy of hands and feet or check out some more construction methods.

I'll give this Sketchbook 5* for your effort

48. The Following User Says Thank You to ecki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, i love all ur studies it got me immediately inspired once i saw all those leg studies O.o very nice, ill keep check'n in on your sketchbook aswell

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshfool For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,190 Times in 1,969 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hello mate , you have great drawings and your values look good. But i cant speak about weakness if i dont see a non study piece. The work in 13# looks like a great start, so it just needs more work . I think your skills are great, lets keep up mate!!!

52. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2