Art: How do you get to an animation course?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How do you get to an animation course?

Hi everyone!
    My name is Sofia and this is my first post. So my story is: girl loves sketching and enjoys anything art related, she ends up studying economics (surprise surprise) and ten years later she realises that she needs to go back to something she truly enjoys.
    In other words I have recently started sketching again and decided to go back to studies, this time for something I actually like (or believe I will anyway). So I decided to explore animation…
    To problem is I have no idea how to start!
    I want to take a proper course. But how do you find the correct one?
    I have self-taught myself sketching when I was a teenager and was told by an art teacher that I was actually good. But I haven’t practiced for the last 10 years and even more I have no idea how to prepare a portfolio.. I guess I have to find a teacher to help me out/guide me?
    Obviously I have no idea what I am doing, but I really want to give it a try… So please help because I got lost on the internet!
    Any advice is welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My girlfriend did something similar except she decided on childcare rather than economics, Living in England I would say apply for college to study a BTEC in Art, These courses aren't hard and so long as you have passed your G.C.S.E exams or O Levels /CSE's then you should be fine to apply. So long as you have a portfolio to back up your claim as an artist i would suggest that. If you can get into an art school even better. However Universities will very rarely even look at your work if you haven't studied art before hand, You could try your luck and just turn up with a portfolio and shove it in an art teachers face. I suggest art school or college though. hope this helps

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.