Sketchbook: Liam conversations outside Innsmouth >uneasy interaction...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Liam conversations outside Innsmouth >uneasy interaction...

go to the last page )hmm how to get a pic up for thumb for main page :/

after thease ill try and post each day sketch book stuff

> :firedevil

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by liam.c; November 29th, 2008 at 02:42 AM. Reason: lindsay lohan and Charles Dexter Ward sitiing in a tree k i s s i n g .......
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ok lota pics

any thing thats couler is probly marker most of the sketches are verry small aswell as i normaly use a .3 tech pencil
    most are done while drinking coffie watching the people go by

Last edited by liam.c; July 13th, 2004 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres one i did following fredflickstones tut

and heres one i did later playing with that same pose/lighting and little playing in photo shop and painter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love that pencil stuff halfway up thepost - your sketching is awesome...reminds me of Travis Charest.
    Spartan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks mate i like charest stuff for shrue but then who dosent i guess lol

its funny for years i hated pencil and only really used pen and ink for sktching <with maby a few scribbles with pencil>because of some thing i remberd berni wrightson saying once that when he was in school thay wernt aloud to use pencil and only aloud to use ink and if thay made a mestake thay would just have to start over >only with in the last few years i started useing a pencil agean and i like it L)

theres soo many great artest out there that have soo much to offer by way of their illo/paintings and sketches off the top of my head the ones that really get me moving charest
    jeff jones pratt muth foster and of corse phil hale

lol ive been slow today on the daily sketch book because ive gone though soo many post last night on this fourm i didnt get to sleep till about 3 in the afternoon .. and lol i started some place around 11 pm the night befor .. soo many verry skilled artests ! i probly went though damn neer every post on this fourm in the passed week or so
    ! lol love it

though i have a hard time giveing c/c as the only gauge i have for art is if it motivates me ,makes me want to draw or paint or sculpt . in that sense i can deffently say alot of the artest here are really great )

ill post some befor i sleep )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arrrrrg photo buket being a bastard cant get any thing uploaded atm (((
    well lol back to drawing i guess

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

this from last week i think few hours
    got lazy suddenly after playing red dead revolver lol ... most of the time i have to leave my house to get any work done cuz i have too much fun stuff to grab my attention and thats waht ill do in a bit toget thease pages done )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like these liam. The sketches are great, all hail the pencil! I'm new at digital painting too, trying to get used to my tablet and Painter8. Keep up the good work.

lol i spend too much time here on CA ... talent is overwhelming and inspiring, when I have to do database computer shit at work, it is my saving grace

Motivation...gone.

Sketchbook be here...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank u mate
    ha ! i htink i would go mad if had your job lol
    i go look at your sktch book now )!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [

this one silly really whole reason i did it was to see the blue light haha well waht ever gets a guy movin i guess :hh:

Last edited by liam.c; September 23rd, 2004 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2 more small one

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...erroughpa2.jpg

finly stoped playign damn ps2 so off to restuarnt for breakfast and morning drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hhmmm

there it goes .ok off for coffie

liam

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok 3 morequick ones

the one on the boat is from some picture i had here some place others jsut sktching around with tablet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :barf: ok heres some from today
    some pen scribbles

nice little samurai done from the thumb on the next one < thay out of sequence >

and some thumbs and a fireman and a hasmat sute guy
    just messing with the angle on the fireman and the hasmat guy .... well when cant think of any thing gasmasks are allways fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, you've got some great pencil, pen, and traditional paint stuff. I think I commented about color saturation on your early digital stuff in another thread (it's finally finished forum?). But now I see that you were trying stuff out, and the more recent digital stuff is improving. w/ your traditional skills, it's only a matter of time before the digital takes off too.
    I can't say that I've been through every post on this site, but I totally agree about how great this site is in terms of sheer inspiration and getting me to draw. nice thread. keep making those great images.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

thanks mate
    you know its a funny thing about likes and such .. ive posted some of those first painter ones on 3 diffrent forums and u know each forum had a compleetly diffrent response ! drasticly difrent ! damn soo tiard can hardly see hahaahhaha
    go give some love to lungbug <Lung's Chazzwazzers: jul14- absurd> mates hes a bit in the dumps about some bs !with some school

its funny how much diffrently painter and photoshop behaves ... one thing that really bugs me about painter is ... opacity is not liek 10% to 100 % in photo shop ... to reach transparncey in painter u have to be at like 6 % or less ... but with photo shop u can see the transparency even at 90 % !!! lol

other thing that bugs me about painter is if u use riff file ... and its big .. it crash alot when saveing and printing ... total bs ! any wya i htink i go sktch little mroe and pass out been up since 10 pm last night and its 647 pm today :/ haha oh well at least i got some stuff done )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Liam,

sup? Hmm lets see if I can find something constructive to say. All in all I think your drawing is much stronger than your painting. I really like those drawings a couple ways up, done on that beige coloured paper. I also like the sketchiness and looseness of those drawings on black (the ones directly above). Some interesting compositions you have going there.

Hmm.. ok here's the constructive part.. perhaps a thing that you might want to look at is the contrast.. in your paintings? Seems like for a lot of them you have the same level of detail or same level of value contrast throughout the whole painting? (actually that gas mask one is pretty good) Maybe in some I get the feeling you're using a lot of extreme black (darkest darks) in a lot of areas?

Hmm, an interesting experiment you might want to try is maybe keep some of the drawing in your final painting, like try having some of the under-drawing show through? I like the way the line is put down on those beige paper coloured drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    !!! exelent exactly waht im looking for !
    yes yes i aggree ... looking at them its liek all midrange or some thign ... heres the problyujmn i been runing into ...
    my paintings are jsut not intresting not even to me really

and thay really lack envornment .. like theres no air in the paintings *( any suggestions or direction ? :crosseyed any way daly 3 more to follow .. and thanks b

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    couple more from thismorning

thanks out of the past <rko 1947> for the noir lighting

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool! you've got some really great faces at the end there. keep doing stuff like that, make it more consistant, and...rock!

prescription: do more.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks mate yep more more more
    and man i jsut have to say take alook over at .. its finly finished .. jon forsters new post is super nice !
    and theres a fella with some monster concepts that are verry exciteing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well work the next 2 days so :/ probly wont be much till sunday

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you got some good stuf ..more specially some colors works..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok one befor work painter being a pain in the ass ... some times it does strange things witht the brushes :?
    any way this one not too bad but the pants bug me todeath .... and soem other things but oh well .. enjoy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Liam,

Interesting drawings.. hmm lets see what I can think of about the paintings.. maybe if you don't like them maybe you could play with the composition more? Though I liked some of the comps you had going in some of those paintings painted July 14 6:42am.. (I think that's the one.. with the background and stuff)

hmm as for the technical issue.. well an approach you might try.. or maybe you're doing this already.. I don't know.. (excuse me if you're already using this method) Is you might try starting from your midtones.. build them up.. try to get most of your information with just midtones.. then build up your darks.. and lights... and then finally when those are built.. put your darkest darks.. and lightest lights... I guess the most important thing.. is to really use your darkest darks and lightest lights sparingly. some things i was taught was to make the darks.. .. transparent.. and the lights and highlight opaque.. I guess the midtones are somwhere in between that.

if you haven't checked it out.. maybe check out Craig Mullins' site... (www.goodbrush.com) he has this text about John Singer Sargent, who painted in this manner. (midtones, darks, highlights).. that might give you a better idea.. (of course Sargent wasn't the only one who painted in this manner) cause my explanation is pretty brief.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yah thats good idea ill spy mullens agean .. hahah ayh either i go high contrast from the start and then add mids or ... ill go mostly mids and add .. hmm u know i think most of the time i have hilights in there as im painitng <like you would if doing a wattter couler or marker>hmm maby that make me happer ill try it
    ha! it no that i dont like stuff i do its just not to full potential ..

now heres a thing ... theres this experement some cats did with thease kittens ... thay had 2 kittens one in a room with all virtical lines .. and the other kitten in a room with all horzontal lines ... well thay raised thease cats like this .. and at some point in time thay switched rooms on the kittens <now starting to become cats proper> and the one that was raised in the virtical room couldent jump up on things and the other would run into table legs
    if u spend all your time indoors i would imagion it would be difficult <or take some effort> to see in the minds eye ,or recognize distance type atmophereics <spelling ?>
    also it would be harder i think to judge distance on a large scale .now this probly works boath ways some one growing up in rural kansas might have slight bit more problum judging distance in the big city .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

^ totaly out of controll saturation really i just wanted to paint the monster the guy is jsut there for size and the back ground happend cuz i didnt feel like stoping this one bit older but feel like a slacker so added this one

^ this one little older too as is the sketch above, wanted to play a bit with out worrieing about any thing really was fun

jsut woke up but hopfully i can get some more sketching done befor work

Last edited by liam.c; July 17th, 2004 at 08:06 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    .... :machinegu

there that should do it <was huge

Last edited by liam.c; July 17th, 2004 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waht the hell :/ :dorky: :chicken: :question: :crosseyed :shocked: :machinegu :dorky: :wazzup: :cyclops: :hh: :eek: :alien4: :hmm: :o :nopity: :evilbat: :doh:

Last edited by liam.c; July 17th, 2004 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one more befor work
    i liek the levles on this one better probly do more with this one

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6