Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Strays Days

Thanks

Strays Days

Just some stuff as I make the journey through racking mileage!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by I STRaY I; May 8th, 2015 at 12:37 AM. Reason: goals dude
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Name:  Tali.jpg
Views: 2376
Size:  344.7 KBStill lifeName:  sketches.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  510.2 KBName:  Still life #1 BW.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  413.0 KBName:  Still life #1.jpg
Views: 1617
Size:  405.0 KB
    Last edited by I STRaY I; February 10th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.

Thanks
    Good start i like the texture on that girls costume and the glass bottle is pretty cool too, one thing i think you should work on is anatomy because that girls arm is throwing me off just study some Loomis or Bridgemen anyone works and that should help you a lot when drawing/constructing a character keep it up!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Freshfool For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I too see the arm being janked a bit now that it's done. Actually never really knew what to do with that sucker from the start. Bad planning, but lesson learned. Thanks for the suggestions and taking the time to check my stuff out!

Thanks
    Here's a self portrait I just finished. Almost got it in in 24 hours, but atleast it's in. I might actually do more with this. So maybe it's a WIP. Name:  Portrait_Self.jpg
Views: 1619
Size:  474.6 KB

Thanks
    nice start, very VERY nice start i must say, the fact that you treat drawing as a muscle and rely on progression is the way to go man, ALWAYS go from simple to complex, after all no one can run before they walk, you are already very good with form and seems you have a good eye, i would encourage you to make your process more efficent more intuitive so you can think only on the story of the drawing, ofcourse its still to early for that but its nice to know your end goals anyways i like looking at such ahrd working people, keep doing more stills! some artist argue that thats the way you make sound progress in your sketching abilty and yourn ability to draw what you SEE not what you THINK you see (to me the most important thing for an artist)

keep at it and good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheartGFX View Post
    nice start, very VERY nice start i must say, the fact that you treat drawing as a muscle and rely on progression is the way to go man, ALWAYS go from simple to complex, after all no one can run before they walk, you are already very good with form and seems you have a good eye, i would encourage you to make your process more efficent more intuitive so you can think only on the story of the drawing, ofcourse its still to early for that but its nice to know your end goals anyways i like looking at such ahrd working people, keep doing more stills! some artist argue that thats the way you make sound progress in your sketching abilty and yourn ability to draw what you SEE not what you THINK you see (to me the most important thing for an artist)
    keep at it and good luck!
    Thanks for the encouragement. Drawing in B&W is my favorite thing to do. If I could, I would only do it, but there's so much to learn. It's easy to venture sometimes. But yes stills are valuable to me now. I'm really struggling with my perspective, and they kind of help me. Thanks again, and it's I who is driven by artists like you who seriously grind!

Thanks
    Awesome awesome start to your sketchbook. I think you have a lot of potential man! You're certainly way ahead of me in any case haha. Keep at it and you'll be great in no time. =) I don't really have much to add in terms of critiques. One thing though, if you plan on studying anatomy, I would suggest skimming through Bammes' and Hampton's books. I really dig the way they break down the human body. Anyway, I'm definitely gunna be checking this sketchbook a lot in the future. Keep at it!
    my sketchbook - art grindin' 8D

Thanks
    @ eroquii Thanks for the feedback, as well as the suggestions. I do certainly need to pickup some reading material. Loomis, Bammes & Hampton. Most likely in that order, but for now. I'll just keep grinding. I think it'll make a dent as well. Thanks again

Here's today's piece. Did a photo reference side by side. But I very much wish it were from life. I like the model, but thats usually the case. Anyways. Reference link is below. I'll most likely paint this at some point, if not soon. I think chin could use some work too, as well as some cleanup and or other. Peace!

Reference:http://media.picfor.me/001177D9/5-be...tist_large.jpg

Name:  I'msadtoo.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  314.2 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to I STRaY I For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Looks like a good start or a good continuation. There are too many small strokes on the womans blouse, if you ask me. You can also see these hairy lines on her face where the light hits. I know it's tough I still have this problem myself just trying working with a bigger brush, going from the large picture to the small details a.k.a. hierarchy.

Keep it up!
    Free for commissioned work

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MeteorCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteorCat View Post
    Looks like a good start or a good continuation. There are too many small strokes on the womans blouse, if you ask me. You can also see these hairy lines on her face where the light hits. I know it's tough I still have this problem myself just trying working with a bigger brush, going from the large picture to the small details a.k.a. hierarchy.

Keep it up!
    Yeah both, a continuation of something I tried to start before and a beginning to the digital medium. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I think you are right on about the small brush strokes. I don't mean to be offering up excuses, but I think its a combination of me working zoomed out all the time and rarely going into see, and then posting it here and it's alot larger then I expected. Also, it could just be a bad habit I developed, or a product of in experience. I find it easier to form things with small strokes. Kind of like I would with a pencil. And I'm more concerned right now with starting and finishing daily, until today i didn't really want to take on anything overnight. In my experience it allows for me to ditch it. And I just want to move right now. But I've already began to consider your suggestions because I know it's right. And thanks so much for taking the time to offer it! Appreciated.

Here's what I started today. Anatomy study! Pretty important to learn, and I think it's a bit off, which isn't good. I decided to paint it too, so I think thats what I'm seeing thats mostly off right now. The arms aren't intended to be resting the same, and when flipping it makes a ridiculous motion, so that makes it harder for me to observe issues. But I'll keep at it tomorrow and see if I can finish it up. Name:  Anatomy Study.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  221.8 KB

Thanks
    Started as anatomy study, posterior view.Name:  Anatomy1_17_13.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  179.0 KB
    Last edited by I STRaY I; January 19th, 2013 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks
    ty on the reply b4, i really like the boot and old style glass bottle, gives me a sailor type feeling maybe fisherman and has a bit of a acrylic
    painting feeling to it as well.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast