Logo design contest, $250 in cash for winner.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Logo design contest, $250 in cash for winner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Logo design contest, $250 in cash for winner.

Hey guys, curently my school is trying to come up with a new logo for our sports department, and want to be called the Schecter Spartans. Could someone with some real graphical tallent make me a logo, using some Spartan like the Michigan state mascot Sparty. I will pay money to the winner/winners of the amount of $250. We need it to be simple and clean, and something that would look real cool on hats, like for instance a paw print is something simple for a bear logo, so make it cool like a spartan helmet/face. Thanks, and if you got any questkons email me at bmwbhg2@yahoo.com, and take your time with ur work. PS write ur email next to your sumbistion so I can contact the winner of the multi site contest with their payment thought paypal or check.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwbhg2
    Hey guys, curently my school is trying to come up with a new logo for our sports department, and want to be called the Schecter Spartans. Could someone with some real graphical tallent make me a logo, using some Spartan like the Michigan state mascot Sparty. I will pay money to the winner/winners of the amount of $250. We need it to be simple and clean, and something that would look real cool on hats, like for instance a paw print is something simple for a bear logo, so make it cool like a spartan helmet/face. Thanks, and if you got any questkons email me at bmwbhg2@yahoo.com, and take your time with ur work. PS write ur email next to your sumbistion so I can contact the winner of the multi site contest with their payment thought paypal or check.
    You said this: "Thanks for calling me a scamer, Fine if it makes you guys happy ill give you the full prize, and keep nothing, and also I would give credit to the winner, I would just say that I found the tallent who did the drawing(the winners name). Get started guys the deadlines comming up."

There has been some question about this offer so I will make you this deal. Pay me $1000, half up front ($500), the other half after you've received the finished project and you can take all the credit for the logo. OR! Pay me the full $500 up front. I don't care about the artistic credit, but I do care about making my rent payment next month. SO, let me know if it's a deal. The logo will be made professionally and I will show you a preview of it before you send ANY money so that you know it's good. I have a verified Paypal business account, and my name is reputable and well known at several popular comic messageboards. I also am the founder of Optic Studios and several of my staff do work for Marvel, DC, and Image so rest assured I will not cheat, or scam you. Once the product is finished I will present to you several versions both in b&w, and in color. The colored versions will be in different styles of coloring as well. Liquid! style, painted, and cell.

My e-mail:
    opticstudios2004@yahoo.com
    opticstudios@hotmail.com

Last edited by Ninjai; July 15th, 2004 at 02:50 AM.
    Ninjai!
    http://www.opticstudios.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjai
    You said this: "Thanks for calling me a scamer, Fine if it makes you guys happy ill give you the full prize, and keep nothing, and also I would give credit to the winner, I would just say that I found the tallent who did the drawing(the winners name). Get started guys the deadlines comming up."

There has been some question about this offer so I will make you this deal. Pay me $1000, half up front ($500), the other half after you've received the finished project and you can take all the credit for the logo. OR! Pay me the full $500 up front. I don't care about the artistic credit, but I do care about making my rent payment next month. SO, let me know if it's a deal. The logo will be made professionally and I will show you a preview of it before you send ANY money so that you know it's good. I have a verified Paypal business account, and my name is reputable and well known at several popular comic messageboards. I also am the founder of Optic Studios and several of my staff do work for Marvel, DC, and Image so rest assured I will not cheat, or scam you. Once the product is finished I will present to you several versions both in b&w, and in color. The colored versions will be in different styles of coloring as well. Liquid! style, painted, and cell.

My e-mail:
    opticstudios2004@yahoo.com
    opticstudios@hotmail.com
    Thats a great Idea, let me pay you $600 more then I would get, thats smart. How the hell did u every go into buisness, when u obviously are retarted

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How the hell did u every go into buisness, when u obviously are retarted
    you got reported for that. try reading http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15736 ... this counts for the employers too.

Last edited by H.Evans; July 15th, 2004 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation

Now now kids. Keep it clean.
    This forum NEEDS to remain professional. Or :machinegu

bmwbhg2 merely let everyone know about a contest where you could potentially make a few bucks off of what sounds like a relatively easy design. I guess if bmwbhg2 wants to charge a finders fee for letting people know about something at his school which Nobody here would have had any clue about then that is fine. That's capitalism for you. And if it doesnt settle well with you its not like your participation is mandatory. On the other hand, firing insults at other users isn't acceptable either bmwbhg2. PLease contain yourself.

Thanks
    Grv

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats a great Idea, let me pay you $600 more then I would get, thats smart. How the hell did u every go into buisness, when u obviously are retarted
    LOL. I thought you were talking about high school for this project, guess you meant preschool. Anyways, can the mods lock this rediculously stupid and immature thread? Cheers!

Ninjai!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It's called a contest for a reason

Call me whatever, but I don't understand how entering a contest involves naming your price. You enter , if you win , you get money, that simple. Maybe Ninja should actually read the post before he gets so emotional. I personally feel bmwhatever his name is had a right to be angry about Ninja's bartering system. For a logo that can be done in one day, $1000 is a little steep, don't ya think? I sure do. (P.S. If you can't make the rent, get another job, like the rest of us.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For a logo design that can be used again and again without royalty fees, $1000 is not steep.
    In fact, $250 is nearly (not quite, but almost) insulting.
    A lawyer, a professional at what he/she does, often charges around $250 per hour. If this design does take a full day to complete, let's say 8 hours, and that number is multiplied even by $100 per hour (ludicrously conservative for professional grade logo work), what figure does your math bring you to?
    The problem with the design industry today is that too many supposed "designers" are accepting low prices, producing mediocre work, and ruining things for real designers. Their prices are considered steep even though they are capable of producing work of a substantially better calibre.
    If the school is really willing to pay for this logo to be developed professionally, perhaps they'd be willing to make a more suitable offer?

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
    www.imgstudios.net

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

contest

Once again I'm forced to remind people this is a CONTEST for a SCHOOL, not a job. Last time I checked schools were pretty strapped for cash, so the chances their going to pay a G for something their sewing on a fourteen year olds socks is steep, bottom line. And BTW it's the people who OVERcharge and make garbage that mess it up for the rest of us, not the ones who undercharge... And when I said it would take a day, I meant less than a day. It would take me all of two and a half hours to do a logo like that, unless I was really FTD.

P.S. We aren't lawyers, we're artists. If it means getting your work out there, you should be willing to work for nothing. Then again, maybe that only applies to real artists, who do it for the passion, what do I know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchus_Orilios
    If it means getting your work out there, you should be willing to work for nothing. Then again, maybe that only applies to real artists, who do it for the passion, what do I know.
    dont start that garbage. people gotta eat.

otherwise i have no problems.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

more info

Perhaps a little more information about this contest would help here.
    1. Is the school paying out a cash prize or just you?
    2. How much are they really offering?
    3. Who gets credited?
    4. When's the deadline?
    5. What form does the finished work need to take? ie. scanned image? slides? etc.
    I know we can kind of triangulate on some of these answers from reading the rest of the thread, but whenever I do business with someone I like them to spell things out clearly.
    thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilead
    Perhaps a little more information about this contest would help here.
    1. Is the school paying out a cash prize or just you?
    2. How much are they really offering?
    3. Who gets credited?
    4. When's the deadline?
    5. What form does the finished work need to take? ie. scanned image? slides? etc.
    I know we can kind of triangulate on some of these answers from reading the rest of the thread, but whenever I do business with someone I like them to spell things out clearly.
    thanks
    The contest ends at the end of august, email me at bmwbhg2@yahoo.com with the finished product, its a simple cool logo for putting on hats, and its from my school the schecter Spartans is the new name, and we need a logo. Something with paintshop or something is cool, and you get the credit for it, and you can watermark it if you want.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchus_Orilios
    Call me whatever, but I don't understand how entering a contest involves naming your price. You enter , if you win , you get money, that simple. Maybe Ninja should actually read the post before he gets so emotional. I personally feel bmwhatever his name is had a right to be angry about Ninja's bartering system. For a logo that can be done in one day, $1000 is a little steep, don't ya think? I sure do. (P.S. If you can't make the rent, get another job, like the rest of us.)
    Emotional? That's a good one. I read the post as well as the other post and the other one. He can feel as upset as he wants about my offer, because I simply presented it and realistically $1000 for a logo and a new name that an entire SCHOOL will use for a long time is very little. A logo such as this will be on every school flyer, every football helmet, every school document, everything the school does...that's why the term "royalties" were made. If you create a logo for someone, they are expected to pay you a nice sum of money to "buy" the prospective profits that you would have made on the royalties. It's not lawyertalk, it's common business sense which every company, and organization knows and abides by. If they don't there's lawsuits...why do you think there's so many thousands of WINNING lawsuits every year that go toward copyright infringement?

If you're going to offer money for a "contest" than be fair and honest about it, or people WILL and SHOULD call you out on it. The author of this post (as previously stated in his other posts) is going to receive half of the money meaning the original offer was around $500. That's why people in the original post red flagged this guy for trying to do shady dealings by cashing in on someone else's work. And I know of plenty of high schools that have better facilities and better buildings than most private colleges. And $1000 is hardly going to bankrupt any school no matter how poor they are. I hate to put you down, but you obviously have NO clue how the industry works based on your comments.
    www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26457

Ninjai!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heh yeah, ... and that all got old 2 weeks ago. Moderators actually deleted the mess, since it was in the wrong section and apparently not worth saving.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're in high-school and you're paying rent. Hrmph. I have a feeling that getting artists on an online art forum to make you some money ain't gonna pay the bills.

Just a guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my design

Again I'm not sure how appropriate it its to post these here, but I thought people might be interested to see what other people came up with for a design.

Moderators feel free to smack me around if you don't want me doing this.

Members who have read this thread: 1