Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

CA lose its touch?

Ive been here at CA for over 10 years. Maybe I was here in its hayday but I noticed its died down quite a lot! There used to be some real skill bouncing around these halls but it looks like the numbers have dwindled. Is there a new place?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Everyone who gets jobs leaves the students behind and the overall quality of the posts go down.

I think.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 3,944 Posts
    Well it's been off line twice recently, it'll bounce back.

Thanks
    You know what? I used to think of cartoonists and caricaturists as "unskilled". Until I looked at their other works and "Oh right, you need to know how to draw a real face in order to distort it".

And of course they're not entirely top tier. Not like Kim Jung Gi or those tons of people who flood the whole internet with great work that makes me go "@#!#!! I need to work harder to catch up, because the only way that they're going to draw less is that they get married and have kids."

But nonetheless, I think they have quite a bit of skill. So...I forgot what's the point of my reply, but I think it's time to get back to drawing for me. Because the guys who don't post in the forums are using that time to improve on their work, and that scares me.

Sketchbook (nothing much to look at)

deviantart account(also nothing much to look at)

Thanks
    What exactly was CA.org like back in the day? I've only been lurking consistently since late 2010, and I've heard a lot of people say what you're saying since. The days of Craig Mullins posting, Sparth, etc...

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Thanks
    Perhaps it's because ConceptArt didn't really change over all the years.
    Of course, we had a major site update a few months ago, but the forum itself didn't really change, except that it has a new style.

There are so many old threads and sections that got forgotten over all the years so the site tends to look a bit confusing and "dusty". No offensive point here, just my opinion.
    For example the tutorial section.
    It's great that we have one but for me it seems like that no one really visits the section because it looks so mixed up. Huge jumps in quality, rarely updates, ...

And then we also have forum sections that aren't used anymore by anyone. In the mentoring we have class sections where the class is over for years and it still has its one section. Or Android's Daily Self Portrait section, even though he's been inactive for several years (last time I saw him post on the first of novembre - SP Day).
    It's not that this content should get deleted, no! But it could get moved to an archive section or something like that.

And then sections like FineArt could be used more, but that's a matter of the users.

And all the Livestream stuff that is happening right now. Most of you may know the livestream app from Wolkenfels where you can look up all livestreams related to art that are online right now.
    Something like that implented into this site would be awesome too. Livestreams are such a big topic currently, so why is conceptart not "up to date" there?

Just my 2 cents, but a huge forum clean up would help in my opinion to get also former users looking into our forums again (and perhaps getting active).
    And again: I love these forums and these points above were just suggestions. Please don't take this offensive.

Nemome~

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    On a slight tangent, it'd be great to have a time machine-like feature for CA, e.g. enter a date and browse the forum as it appeared on that date. That way, people can explore & benefit from all the good stuff that was posted in the past

My Portfolio

My Sketchbook
    Please feel free to add a comment, I appreciate all feedback!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ceddo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Here you go, closest thing to a web time machine: http://archive.org/

(Results vary, though... Some data is just gone forever and ain't nothin' you can do about it...)

Thanks
    I would love to hear the opinion of a moderator or admin considering the points i mentioned above.
    It's never too late to change stuff.

Are most of the users agreeing to my points or what would be your points to get everything up to date?

Thanks
    *Heave, cough, cough* Back in my day we used to paint with mud and sticks AND WE LIKED IT! *hack, wheeze*
    (Types on stone and mammoth bone keyboard)

Last edited by HarbingerofIllRepute; January 12th, 2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Because I am comedic gold, why dont you love me? :(

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HarbingerofIllRepute For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,838 Times in 3,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Here you go, closest thing to a web time machine: http://archive.org/

(Results vary, though... Some data is just gone forever and ain't nothin' you can do about it...)

I like the list of posts to the forum there -scroll down.

The site was revamped and things did get changed around a lot in the update last year. It still hasn't been finished yet. Some of the old threads have a lot of useful information if people could be bothered to read them. Sure it's vast, but a total gold mine of stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,683 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    I like the list of posts to the forum there -scroll down.
    They need you on the case!

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Elwell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemome View Post
    Perhaps it's because ConceptArt didn't really change over all the years.
    Of course, we had a major site update a few months ago, but the forum itself didn't really change, except that it has a new style.

There are so many old threads and sections that got forgotten over all the years so the site tends to look a bit confusing and "dusty". No offensive point here, just my opinion.
    For example the tutorial section.
    It's great that we have one but for me it seems like that no one really visits the section because it looks so mixed up. Huge jumps in quality, rarely updates, ...

And then we also have forum sections that aren't used anymore by anyone. In the mentoring we have class sections where the class is over for years and it still has its one section. Or Android's Daily Self Portrait section, even though he's been inactive for several years (last time I saw him post on the first of novembre - SP Day).
    It's not that this content should get deleted, no! But it could get moved to an archive section or something like that.

And then sections like FineArt could be used more, but that's a matter of the users.

And all the Livestream stuff that is happening right now. Most of you may know the livestream app from Wolkenfels where you can look up all livestreams related to art that are online right now.
    Something like that implented into this site would be awesome too. Livestreams are such a big topic currently, so why is conceptart not "up to date" there?

Just my 2 cents, but a huge forum clean up would help in my opinion to get also former users looking into our forums again (and perhaps getting active).
    And again: I love these forums and these points above were just suggestions. Please don't take this offensive.

Nemome~
    I would love a "hide forum sections function"(trim the fat, there's too much..). A kind of personalize template attached to your account. This is all I really want to see:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to wardrum For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2