Sketchbook: down in bowery - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: down in bowery

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the dedication to the fundamentals! Sometimes our students go crazy with all the perspective they learn, so it is great seeing people pursue it!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  FIreflowers1 copy.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  120.0 KBName:  FIreflowers1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  120.3 KB thanks for commenting yea I have been meaning to borrow a t square for a while and some other scale stuff oh today I was sick but it is fine I guess I did some glich art stuff this is an appropriate one but yea page two of my daily skeetchbook yay that means something good so bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb8.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  189.8 KB I give up on animation I can do production design and story board stuff but for the actual animating of the scenes I surrender of course I mean in a general sense I won't try any actually animating I can save that for later and so anyways design so yea today I just mixed colors and got more familiar with scales of color and transitioning in with hard and soft brushes I will do some rendering later and some photorefs I think digital is going very well despite no animation but this sketchbook has improved immensely and now working with corel feels as comfortable as traditional photoshop and pencil are meh but corel is fucking great despite not having onion skins I have ranted on long enough all is well and yea bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb9.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  94.5 KB
    so an outline of this post 1 rant on being sick 2 rant on art and philosophy 3 rant on this actual work and this is a daily sketchbook not just to measure my work but my reflecting on the work or other related subjects as well something to my liking

1 I am fucking sick and these allergies are killing me like I got tear on my tablet so sorry of todays fashion study was not up to par see number 3 for more

2 I got my kindle in the mail today so I can read being in time by Heidegger today so yea philosophy to my dismay I find many artists who are in production or just scattered about acting in a homogeneous manner or not being poly talented in their studies of the world with the exception of some designers and fine artists who are able to synthesize their works with knowledge from the sciences whether social, natural or formal and their are of course great examples of all of these it just seams like Artists have lost their connection with the zeitgeist or maybe it has just become to deconstructed although It remains about ideas as all art has an idea behind it although let me not deviate from the subject matter. perhaps it was me constructing a concept of artists or anyone in that manner as virtuous scholars who would discover and inquire it appears though a lot of artists condemn themselves to a mindless consumption of artistic comodification ie the consuming of cultural products cultural products =video games television film even fine art music whether its the mass media for popular culture or high it just seams to be a product of a one dimensional mode of culture but I know nothing I am a poorly educated 17 year old thank the industrial school system for that but let us not bring that up

ok so I think that rant covered some stuff on my mind today I was talking with one of my friends about it over some coffee like a watered down my dinner with andre which I must arrange but this is meaningless jargon at this point so I'll stop Oh and another thing How there seams to be a lack of what an artist does like I consider myself a mediocre writer writing when needing to covey an idea using other medium like drawing and painting in other cases but It seams there is a lack of prolific draughtsman or writers or people who do both but what ever so 3

3.this was suppose to be a fashion study but the draughtsmanship is lousy so perhaps with time I will get a better sense of clothes and form well now all I have to do is read being in time and maybe watch a fantastic mr fox a pleasing movie so bye and sorry for ranting I had some thoughts to express

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb 10 .jpg
Views: 116
Size:  35.1 KB I said I was going to do 10 hours today I did 3 or was it 8 either way it is very unfortunate and I am not putting out what I put out on breaks how to bring that back during the school year I don't know I'll be out of school only like 15 months left but still oh 13 maybe anyways for today I just doodled in corel I can do 10 a day in the summer sure we will see if I can't DESPAIR no but I must but for now meh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb11.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  39.8 KB not much to say I don't know how I should hold a stylus because I am use to a thin 1.0mm bic cristal pen for drawing as it is my fave but the intuous stylus is a bit bulky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb122013.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  154.4 KB this one is a larger file size sorry I must have forgotten to resize it pretty basic stuff still learning to make smooth gradients fast might do some industrial design drawing tomorrow really need to carry over I don't know digital sorta looks better in terms of painting but for drawing I don't know well not better but certainly not as sorta meh maybe its only really for painting but what ever

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb13.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  225.8 KB just so tired 10 mins writing playing with digital handwriting sketchbook out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb14.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  60.2 KB I know know how to make a better color wheel the main thing was not having a solid path like in the center for all of them for the gradient or yea I'll do another tomorrow I might sleep early today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb15late.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  113.7 KB yesterdays sketchbook I'll post todays tonight might do a painting or something just some edges stuff I think it is about correct nothing to to but keep calm and think about stuff I guess and Get back to it because sometimes on a rare occasion I see a very sophisticated concept art sketchbook and It makes me question whether I am studying correctly but I will be self taught at least until I am 19 or 20 probably 19 and then I will probably apply to a school like cal arts for character animation to learn story boarding yea that sounds about right well see you then or tonight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb16-2013.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  115.3 KB Was suppose to paint for 3 hours today but Only got to 1 I did do like 9 hours today though and I have been up since 10 and I started at 1030 so break is good and I did make a storybord for a stop motion animation which will be fun I love break my friend is lending me their tripod so I'll keep you updated on that maybe I will link a link I fail at the majority of what I do but I did learn about space in cinematography today like deep flat ambiguous and limited and aspect ratios and some other stuff so I don't think today was so bad and I did draw some which was meh I am a mediocre draughtsman but still I learned and practiced so I think yea but what ever I also reviewed some lomis stuff and did some pixel lovely drawing I have not updated my tumblr skeetchbook in forever but I can do that once I clean my school folder and get all the drawings I do in class when I am supose to work well kinda bored of typing now and it is a meh of 4 muinites so yea guess I should keep it up for break oh and tomorow I am going

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  feb23.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  49.9 KB did I mention I FAil at daily stuff digital that is so I have reached a conclusion for this thread once it hits a prolific amount of pages I will delete it and start a new one maybe like 50 daily stuff fills up fast ya know so by then I will probably also put both like digital and traditional on both my blog and my ca or I don't know the details but if one does not use a sketchbook then it is of no use even if the sketchbook is thrown away later and yea I quite like posting to a forum because I can write reflections speaking of todays study was sorta meh photoshop was trippy I should have gotten my scratch drive so it would have run smoothly sorry I missed like 1 week I updated my traditional blog so yea thats the denouement

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    march 7 3:25 or 3:41 now file would not upload note I have it my archive I should bring this thread back

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    march 8thName:  march8th.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  277.6 KB some doodling digitally trying to get back into it doing my daily stuff its 435 and school is at 740 so like 2 hours of sleap ok bye

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  march122013.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  28.9 KBName:  fox.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  367.4 KB I did this a while ago like 1 week but it would not upload just a photoref nothing really to be said

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  march18-19.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  25.3 KB jus t a cube sigh not really making a lot or maybe I am although progress dwindles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  april62013.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  333.8 KB I tried to work on brush control today It needs work although it is improving

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  532.1 KBa photoref should draw digitally more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im closing this thread