Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Thanks
    You had me at "Frazetta" man!

Those charcoals look amazing! Really nice form, movement and light v shadow.

BTW...I neglected to mention the bike above...very NICE!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayPersona View Post
    sculpting in blender is so much worse than zbrush,I only do it because I cant
    afford to spend the 800 bucks on zbrush
    The new ZBrushCore is only $150 USD. Here's a list comparing Core vs. the full version (scroll down, it's a long page): http://zbrushcore.com/features

I'm still doing intro tutorials, so I can't say for sure what features I'd need, but for someone like you, who doesn't need it as part of an actual 3D pipeline and only as a basis for 2D, it seems good? Try out a demo of it, see how you like it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diamandis View Post
    The new ZBrushCore is only $150 USD. Here's a list comparing Core vs. the full version (scroll down, it's a long page): http://zbrushcore.com/features

I'm still doing intro tutorials, so I can't say for sure what features I'd need, but for someone like you, who doesn't need it as part of an actual 3D pipeline and only as a basis for 2D, it seems good? Try out a demo of it, see how you like it.
    I tried to find a demo trial of zbrush core and could not I already used zbrush so I only neeed it to compare what I am misssing from the full version,I would give it a shot but the limit of 30 brushes and polycount limit deters me from buying without trying it first.Also I need to get back to drawing and painting I am a bit afraid of reopening the pandora box that is zbrush,I have got my hand full with blender as it is.

Thanks
    Hey Gray! Since you're getting into blender some more do you need a powerful pc to do decent renders? I'm don't know a lot about pcs and my stuff tends to have a lot of grain. Then again I'm still new to 3d (I don't think sketchup really counts as a full 3d program )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
    Hey Gray! Since you're getting into blender some more do you need a powerful pc to do decent renders? I'm don't know a lot about pcs and my stuff tends to have a lot of grain. Then again I'm still new to 3d (I don't think sketchup really counts as a full 3d program )
    i didn't render anything complex yet in blender (all the renders I posted where very quick),my pc is mediocre at best-I have a gtx 960 and 16gb of ram with a g4560 cpu.
    since cycles uses gpu rendering the gpu is the most important component for quick renders(I think the viewport uses cpu),there are also some renders that the gpu cannot
    do if it lacks ram so a good cpu is reccomended as well.Most professionals use dual gpu(1080 or titans) with very powerful cpu's-check out this video of vitaly bulgarov where
    he mentions using 7 1080's-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdNvVu9gec(he uses xsi and octane but a better pc will give you better performance in blender too obviously)
    so Its up to you,you can definitely run it and work with it on modest hardware like mine,but 3d definetly requires the right hardware.

Thanks
    Thanks GrayPersona! I do the same to you. That Zbrush stuff is looking really good. Waiting to seeing more. You don't post enough!

Thanks shoebill! What does it feel like to achieve my dream? It feels stressful. Cause now I have to make sure I don't lose it! and portraits... I need to do a lot more. I think my process is just draw the face until I'm not filled with embarrassment by how terrible it looks.

Pixie Trick I've heard of Forrec. Very similar to where I work. One cool thing about where I work though is that we have a media side as well. So we master plan and design theme parks/museums/attractions/ places/ whatever, but then we also make the media content in them as well. So you end up getting to do concept art for whatever that is too like fantasy characters/ environments etc as well.

I think i agree about not losing skill. Especially in the past week, I've just been drawing architecture and characters. I got a new desk as well as a Cintiq, so that's been a lot of fun.
    I have 40 storyboards I have to do next week. I was told they need to look good and was given some examples. The clients aren't used to seeing them, so they need them to look better. Needless to say, I'm about to crack open some figure drawing books. Hopefully I can learn everything there is to know before monday. That's the plan at least. But to me, storyboards / characters / figure drawing are exactly what I need to work on, and that's what I'm working on. So I feel pretty good... I mean other than the fact that I've never done storyboards and feel super inept at drawing figures like that, and must complete 40 something drawings within a week or two. oh yeah and they have to actually look good.

Thanks for the critique! I agree actually. These started out as quick black and white sketches on top of Google Maps screenshots just to figure out placement. Then it turns out they're using those crappy sketches to show to the city officials and other companies etc. to get funded for the actual event. I had no idea. So I just did my best to tighten them up a little so they looked more appealing... But no sketch up models. That's what I did in my first round of sketches (if you go back a few pages) but this round was literally drawn on top of Google Maps screenshots.

And to answer your question, it's just my friend and a few of his friends who throw this huge event in downtown Orlando every year. He hired me to do some art for it, but actual technical architectural rendering clients... I've never had any. I think you're right. They usually have in house illustrators. I applied at a few architectural firms when I was looking for a job.
    Last edited by arkhamalien; May 20th, 2017 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks
    Pixie Trick:

here's the black and white with the screenshots.

Attachment 2247152

Attachment 2247153

Attachment 2247154

Attachment 2247155

and here's the last of the three sketches:

[IMG]GrayPersona's sketchbook! I want to draw[/IMG]

Thanks
    I think CA's running out of threads, so you guys have to bunk together. Welcome to the projects.

Also, sorry to get your hopes up about a ZB Core demo. I looked too, couldn't find it. Just assumed it existed. :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diamandis View Post
    I think CA's running out of threads, so you guys have to bunk together. Welcome to the projects.

Also, sorry to get your hopes up about a ZB Core demo. I looked too, couldn't find it. Just assumed it existed. :/
    Well at least someone posting work in here hehe...
    Diamandi-Yeah no idea why they dont release a trial,I have seen some youtube videos and the limited brushes turned me off so maybe thats why.

I have gone deep into the blender rabbit hole,almost forgot that my goal is to be an illustrator-Here is a wip of a helmet from akira.

Name:  helmet.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  307.9 KB

Thanks
    Sick, breh. What did you do the texturing in? Does Blender do PBR yet?

Thanks
    Thanks dude,you can create/use pbr materials in blender but they are not so by deafault,at least that is my understanding of it,I dont know how pbr works in other programs
    so maybe my answer is incorrect,this is my first real "render" using texturing and complex materials so I am definitely still making baby steps learning blender.
    I did everything in blender-modeling ,Retopology ,unwarping,baking and texturing. the texturing would definitely be easier in substance painter
    or quixel but I can only learn one program at a time.
    Last edited by GrayPersona; May 24th, 2017 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks
    Added some details.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GrayPersona; May 26th, 2017 at 05:02 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GrayPersona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man, awesome work on that helmet. You really nailed the textures there!

Thanks
    Excellent helmet man! Not much crit, pretty happy to see that this was done in Blender. I'm falling into the rabbit hole as well I feel kind of bad, like I should be studying more 2d fundamentals instead but that's where the industry is heading.

I've only touched UV wrapping and it looks very tedious. How you finding it? Do you think it be easier to paint textures in Photoshop instead? Ie Do a base render with shaders than use photo textures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
    Excellent helmet man! Not much crit, pretty happy to see that this was done in Blender. I'm falling into the rabbit hole as well I feel kind of bad, like I should be studying more 2d fundamentals instead but that's where the industry is heading.

I've only touched UV wrapping and it looks very tedious. How you finding it? Do you think it be easier to paint textures in Photoshop instead? Ie Do a base render with shaders than use photo textures.
    UV unwarping is tedious and I made a mess of it in this model,someareas are stretched and the topology of the model is also not the best so I cant really animate this thing with a turntable.I tried to find programs that
    make unwarping more automatic but every programs seems to be reliant on uv seems for complex objects and That's not very fun no matter which program you use.there are programs that use something called
    ptex texturing That seems to eliminate the need for Uv's but blender doesnt support it yet.

Texturing in photoshop is good but I like to be direct as possible and paint on the model,for this I used blender which works fine but later I will invest in substance painter which is relatively
    cheap and works well with blender.If you want to know how I modeled this,check out the si fi helmet tutorial on cg cookie,instead of following with the tutorials I just made my own helmet using his workflow.

update:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast