Art: Juliana Sorati's Portfolio
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Juliana Sorati's Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Juliana Sorati's Portfolio

Well, hi!
    I wasnít sure if I should start with a Sketchbook thread or this one, but here it goes...
    Iím Juliana Sorati, a 21 year old Advertising student and Iím graduating in two years from now. Iíve been working on advertising agencies for a while now, as a graphic designer but what I really want to do is to go professional on illustration. The problem is I feel too insecure about going out there and getting my art viewed. Whenever I think of attempting something I see someone around who is great and that intimidates me a lot. I know this is totally the wrong attitude, and thatís why Iím asking you all for help and critique.

Below are some recent works, please check http://julianasorati.wix.com/portfolio for my full portfolio (it's in portuguese but basically navigate from the top right menu bar).

I know I still have too many limitations, but please help me in any way you can. Thank you so much (:
    Name:  ode_lw.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  502.6 KB Name:  westenra_outras cores.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  472.9 KB Name:  Firestaff_Baixa_Resolução.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  234.2 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome Juliana... well... the first thing you have to do is to get rid of the fear about the other artists out there because there's always someone better than you at something, the point is to search for those people and learn as much as you can from them! The fear is useless in this field, one of the best thing you can do is to not be protective about your skills and to relax when you are challenged, if you can do this then you'll start to grow a lot as an artist.

About your art: you have some issues with composition at the moment, something that a bit of study can address properly. And draw more from real because you need to learn some proportions and anatomy a little more, be careful with manga style drawing, you are not that far but too much focus in that side can mess up with your drawing ability. This is something i try to address very often in this forum, the problem is that your brain will associate the stylized thing with the real thing if you do too much stylized drawings and to get rid of that habit is REALLY hard so just don't let it happen

Oh yeah i like to say this XD Take a look at my tutorials in my sign because i think you can use them!

PS: One more thing... translate that portfolio in English, i think you don't need me to tell you why...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hitsu//San, thank very much for taking your time to help me out.
    The limitations I talked about were precisely about proportions and composition, so thanks for pointing it out, I'll work more on it. And I'll sure check your tutorials.

And also thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot (:

Members who have read this thread: 2