Color profile issue? Photoshop displays duller colors then webreader and imageviewers
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Color profile issue? Photoshop displays duller colors then webreader and imageviewers

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Color profile issue? Photoshop displays duller colors then webreader and imageviewers

I am having some problems with Photoshop (CS6) displaying colors much duller and out of value then when I see the exact same image in for example the webreader Chrome and imageviewers like Irfanview. This obviously affects the paintings I make and I have no idea how the colors in it will turn out and it will get screwed up. I have the same problem in the default Windows Image Viewer, but not when I am using the program Irfanview to open up images.

Maybe this is some sort of color profile issue a friend who is much more technical told me.

I would greatly appriciate any form of help on this matter, thank you in advance.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't installed the latest Chrome so I know only about Chrome 22 which didn't support color management.
    About IrfanView, it supports color management but you need to activate it here:

The box at the bottom needs to match the same setting in Photoshop which is usually sRGB.
    If you set something else in Photoshop, you need first to understand what this setting means before editing it in IrfanView. Basically, as IrfanView is an image viewer, this setting will apply only to untagged image which make sense (just like in Windows Photo Viewer). The difference in Photoshop is this setting is applied to new image also that's the reason why you need to understand this little difference before changing it.

You need to check your monitor profile is accurate if you are not satisfied by the colors after the color management has been applied.

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the help hecarta! Although another friend helped me fix it, it was some weird setting in the color profile of windows that caused the error.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Members who have read this thread: 1