Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Cleveland art meet #2

We will be holding a second cleveland art meet possibley in 2 weeks, we learned from the last one and would like to continue.

I have a model that is about an hour away that is beatiful and would be intersted in modeling.... the thing is we need to know how many people could come out in 2 weeks and pay $10-15 to draw a model for awhile.

after the modeling we could do other fun things like coffee shop drawing and what not.

Cleveland kids? Columbus kids, Cincinnati, Akron? Hollar!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Cleveland's in the same state but yet it's so far away. Since it's a 4 hour drive I don't think I could make it. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Thanks
    i'll pat 10-15 as long as your not modeling. :ep:

but i'll most def be there as long as its not the 23rd or 24th.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts
    so that's..

wes, majesty, myself...

wes might be inviting some artists from the local CIA scene. I will start pming people till them come.

Thanks
    I'd be down for some figure drawing, but I won't be back in Cleveland until August 1st. Anybody have some stuff to post from the last Cleveland meet?

Nick

Thanks
    Dam. ::paces around:: DAM DAMN!

Thanks
    sounds good. let me know when you have any more info davi. dont forget detroit and pittsburgh people too. theyre actually closer to cleveland than the natti.
    if we can get a place set up for the life drawing i can guarantee at least a handful of my friends showing up. would be nice to have a group of 10-15 people.

Thanks
    man, wish i lived in cleveland

davi, wes, 10-15 others all together drawing, no fair. why cant i have cool artists in cardiff ^-^

make sure you post pictures (did you last time?) for me to seeee!

peace
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks

Cool Figure drawing

Hey,

Former CIA graduate here. Cool..count me in for the Art Meet #2. I live in the eastside area of C-town, so holler me when and where. Just moved back from Vermont to my hometown and gotta have my creative fix.
    I can chip in about $10-15 for the fees. I think this is a better alternative than CIA's nightly 2 hour life drawing sessions, somewhat.
    Keep me posted..

Peace,

Adam

Thanks

figure drawing pt. 2

Hey,

IF location becomes an obstacle, I have an apartment that may fit about 10 people in the studio area/living room which is not so bad. Then there are warehouse spaces/lofts..but you gotta know someone who lives at one.
    To Wes9000, I believe CIA would allow us alumni to "borrow" their life drawing classrooms (where Woerhman used to teach at)? We could get permission somehow and I think I can convince someone (to which by they way this is CIA alumni cookout next month..I've been to them twice and it's not bad..you might recognize some old faces..well me, actually).
    I'm associated with a local film-maker whom I'm working with right now and I can get info from him on location..after all, it's what he's supposed to do for shoots. As a matter of fact. . . . . . . .I just thought of something. He does know a couple of warehouse lofts and we're supposed to shoot some scenes in there. Let me get back to you guys what I can dig up.
    Also, next month..there's a StrhessFest event( www.strhessfest.com ) and Sexhibition 2004 at 1300 Gallery at the west side in Cleveland. I've been to one last year and it's . . .interestingly provocative.

Peace to all,

Adam

Thanks

update

To Davi and others,

Re: drawing session. I spoke with a local film-maker and he says he has a location that can be "borrowed" by permission. It's apparently a warehouse sized place downtown (as far as I've seen pics of for the film project) and has a water well, pool table, sofas, etc. Pretty fancy locale. His uncle owns the place but can be used as long as the director/producer is on location which is cool with me and because of that the owner goes to work at a bartender at 5pm everyday...go figure.
    I thought of Squire's Castle (yes an actual manor but hollowed out. no joke) but....we'd get in trouble . It's a perfect backdrop..just wish it was privatized in the park.
    If anyone has any location ideas, just feel free to speak up.

Later all,

Adam

Thanks
    Interested? YES! I've never had the chance to draw from a model. Will start this coming Fall would like to practice a little early. I'm in Cleveland near CIA.

Thanks

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELICA
    Interested? YES! I've never had the chance to draw from a model. Will start this coming Fall would like to practice a little early. I'm in Cleveland near CIA.
    Nice to meet you Angelica. Drawing from the model is an excellent way to learn form, mass, and the application of anatomical structure of the figure. I highly recommend it. Even if you graduate art school, keep on drawing models at sessions where you can find one or from books.
    BUT, drawing from a live model is the best way since you can see all natural light coming in and you're dealing with a living piece of art that breathes.
    I used to live near CIA, about 15 minutes away..now I'm in the Willoughby area. There was a summer life drawing course that met every Weds night at CIA for 2 hours for $10 bucks, but personally--to me it's not enough. I believe the session for the summer is ongoing right now..but I have to check CIA's website. Wes9000 and I are CIA alumnus.
    There's a book to get you started...get the George Bridgeman Life Drawing books. He's wonderful. And Drawing With An Open Mind by Ted Seth Jacobs (he's awesome)..and High Focus Drawing by James McMullan.
    Familiarize yourself with the books as primers and go to the life drawing sessions.
    However, I'm still waiting to hear from this group if we can pull off the scheduling and get people to join in the Cleveland art meet thing. I think someone is trying to find (Davi, I think) or get a model for us so we can all chip in the $$.
    Tell me about yourself..what brings you to conceptart.org? Do you illustrate or I assume you're getting ready to start art school?

Peace,

Adam

Thanks
    I'm currently attending a community college trying to build a portfolio to enter CIA next Fall. But, sometimes I get discoraged here the classes because of the scheduling of the art classes (i have to work) . The art department is kinda small but, the work the students put out are excellent here. So i've started drawing on my own mainly just parts of the human body hands, feet,eyes etc.

Thanks

Angelica

Are you attending Tri-C? I used to go there . A friend of mine goes to the Eastern Campus to learn computer/digital art classes using Illustrator/Photoshop. I transferred to CIA back then because the courses were limited at the time and CIA was the right thing to do.

-Adam

Thanks
    I attend Lakeland.

Thanks
    Missed it by only a couple weeks...er...wanna delay it until the week of the twelfth? No? Okay, it's cool...

...would have been a great start to the school year...oh well, maybe next time.
    HBs are for little girly girls. Be a man, keep it soft.

Thanks

lakeland

I attend Lakeland.
    Lakeland? Then you're close by..I'm in Willoughby but I work at a coffeehouse in Willoughby and sometimes Mentor .
    I've never been to Lakeland except having driven by it many times.

-Adam

Thanks

This may be of interest

I remember reading that some of you were looking for a live model for an Art Meet. Well here's some info. It's @ Arthouse on Denison

The website is: www.arthouseinc.org

Live Model Open Studio: 1st Monday of Every Month from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. beginning October 4
    September Live Model Open Studio: Thursday, September 2 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
    Cost: $10 per evening, per person
    Live model will be provided and most times model will be nude. November 1 will be a clothed model. All mediums welcome including clay. Clay must be purchased at Art House. 25lb bag of clay is $12. No firings available. Easels are available first come, first serve basis. Adults only, bring your own supplies.

Thanks

Life Drawing

Angelica,

I remember seeing this on their website a week ago..it's intriquing. Once a month is not bad. I also found another life drawing course that meets weekly that's in the Willoughby Hills area at an arts organization..on Tuesday afternoons for $12 dollars for 2 hours. It's a lot closer than the one at Denison Road (to which I'm not entirely familiar with the west side, though but have heard of the street).
    I crossed paths with Wes in person and he mentioned a life drawing gathering at Little Italy for $6 for 3 hours..I'm still trying to remember the whereabouts and which building it's at..should've written it down on my notebook..(smacks head).
    I'm still looking around for cool Halloween bashes to haunt...(evil grin)

Cheers.

Adam

I remember reading that some of you were looking for a live model for an Art Meet. Well here's some info. It's @ Arthouse on Denison

The website is: www.arthouseinc.org

Live Model Open Studio: 1st Monday of Every Month from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. beginning October 4
    September Live Model Open Studio: Thursday, September 2 from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
    Cost: $10 per evening, per person
    Live model will be provided and most times model will be nude. November 1 will be a clothed model. All mediums welcome including clay. Clay must be purchased at Art House. 25lb bag of clay is $12. No firings available. Easels are available first come, first serve basis. Adults only, bring your own supplies.