So I've been trying to solve this issue for some time now and I figured I would bring it here. My desktop monitor is displaying pretty poor colors. It's somewhat subtle at first but I noticed the difference when working between my brand new Dell XPS 8500 desktop (where the colors are bad) and my Samsung 7 Series Slate (where the colors seem rich). The colors seem washed out. Skin tones are the worst offenders and look pale and zombified. At first I thought it was my monitor, so I played with every setting I could access and only managed to make the problem worse, prompting a factory reset of the monitor. I borrowed my roommate's monitor but the problem persists. My original monitor was an LG LED monitor and his is an Acer LCD monitor. They are both producing the same problem, which leads me to believe it has something to do with the computer itself.

Here is a nice picture of Gary Oldman to illustrate.

Name:  IMG_20121230_191304.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  418.4 KB

My tablet is at the bottom with the nice colors, while the washed out colors are on the monitor up top.

Here is a sketch I'm working on with skin tones. Again, not how washed out the skin tones on top look, compared to the nice ones on the tablet below.

Name:  IMG_20121230_191638.jpg
Views: 1885
Size:  467.5 KB

I have tried every setting I can think of, brightness, contrast, hue, temperature, gamma etc. etc. but I am not an expert when it comes to monitors or video cards. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running an nVidia geForce GT 640 card on my screwy desktop. It claims my drivers are up to date. I don't know what to do here, it is very frustrating.