Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: It's been 2 years...

Thanks

It's been 2 years...

Hi I am 15. Looking at the sketchbook threads compared to Entertainment&Concept Art thread, this section seems to be more appropriate for crits and improvements.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Aotix; March 1st, 2015 at 06:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Uhm you are very good for your age, don't stop working!

Anyway take a look at my tutorial in my sign down here, it will show you how to prepare your lines for painting which is something that you seems to need A LOT and in a very short time i will publish a tutorial on how to approach painting from where the first tutorial ends (i've already made the video, i'm just writing the article right now so it's a question of hours, maybe one day). If you have questions on how to improve just ask... i'd rather prefer if you ask the questions instead of telling you what to do because in this way you will think about where you need to improve the most (and that's a good habit to have for being an artist).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitsu//San For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks...My life kind revolved around art due the the boredom and not having the access to technology until I was like...12. lol.
    I will try and improve upon my line work and if you have time can you tell me how to paint my values correctly in this picture?Name:  Concept Spaceship practice 2.jpg
Views: 5361
Size:  148.0 KB

Thanks
    Rather than learn about how to do it for this picture why don't you try to understand how values works? Anyway the guide about colors is coming tomorrow

Thanks
    You said your life revolves around art. So does mine and your some good advice here. As for the ship the colors look flat and the guy in the armor...... I don't know what it is but I think he wouldn't move very well in it.
    I'm the guy that does his job! You must be the other guy!

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...73#post2633373 <- longest link to a sketchbook ever.
    http://thesketchersden.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Welcome to the painful world of concept art.

I'll leave the others to give you advice about your art, but you should expect the usual stuff 'practice your fundamentals, do lineart before painting' etc

For me, its more important you realize as early as possible that concept art is not about 'art'. It's not about falling in love with your painting and pitching it to people as your 'emotions on canvas' and stuff like that. That's another ballgame. Concept art is about creating something that people will buy, pay money to see, and so on and so forth. I recommend you look up Feng Zhu's tutorials on youtube, he explains it much better than I do.

Cheers.
    My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

Thanks
    Welcome to the painful world of concept art.

I'll leave the others to give you advice about your art, but you should expect the usual stuff 'practice your fundamentals, do lineart before painting' etc

For me, its more important you realize as early as possible that concept art is not about 'art'. It's not about falling in love with your painting and pitching it to people as your 'emotions on canvas' and stuff like that. That's another ballgame. Concept art is about creating something that people will buy, pay money to see, and so on and so forth. I recommend you look up Feng Zhu's tutorials on youtube, he explains it much better than I do.

Cheers.
    My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

Thanks
    Oh Feng? I have like 25-30 of those videos downloaded on my pc, I only started that ship painting after episode 41. The problem is I can't find enough resources for me to practice on fundamentals or I cant get access to them. I will try and refer back to feng's videos more and learn the fundamentals but it after a couple of episodes he does say his not gonna teach about it because it's something he want's to reserve for his stud and it would take too long. :/

Thanks
    Name:  Jetfighter.jpg
Views: 5078
Size:  77.5 KB

Thanks
    Vak is totally right about concept art. The problem about fundamentals is that you have to stop doing this stuff and practice them all the time, that's why the vast majority can't learn them properly... it's BORING if you don't understand them entirely at least. The other problem is that we can't follow you every day until you learn them, so it's up to you.

But i can tell you that everything you draw is subject to the same rules of perspective and proportions and can be simplified in simple 3D shapes (like cubes, cylinders, cones, pyramids ecc). Once you know everything about perspective and those simple shapes then drawing a 3d object like those airplanes in any camera angle is not a big deal.

For the rest, the tutorials i've made should be enough to learn how to deal with photoshop, your lines and your colors!

Thanks
    the tutorials are great but I think I maybe 5 steps ahead of the new videos and already understood the basics of photoshop.
    can you made more videos focusing on fundamentals?(not saying the previous videos aren't).

Thanks
    the tutorials are great but I think I maybe 5 steps ahead of the new videos and already understood the basics of photoshop.
    can you made more videos focusing on fundamentals?(not saying the previous videos aren't).

Thanks
    You know... i don't think you are so ahead like you think because your lines are a mess and your colors are all muddy and smudged and there's no lights and shadows management and those are exactly the things i'm talking about in those videos so...

Anyway maybe i can do something about fundamentals in the future but the holidays are gone and in the next months i'll be overloaded with work so i don't know when i would have the time : \ in the mean time try to improve the stuff i told you, those are REALLY important, presentation often is more important than design (unfortunately) because the first impact on visual is a major selling factor in this kind of job.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast