Fullsail University
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fullsail University

Hi everyone,
    I am a 18 Italian student. I am finishing High School next summer and I'd love to take a degree in Graphic Design.
    Among the large number of university I contacted there was Full Sail University (based in Florida) who recently answered back offering me this degree: http://www.fullsail.edu/degrees/grap...ign-associates .
    I heard many different opinions about this university and, while my parents (not really understanding the situation) are excited, I am really confused.
    So I am here asking for help and pieces of advice.

If Fullsail really turns out to be a bad school what would be good alternatives?
    I was also considering Milan POLIMI ( http://www.design.polimi.it/?lang=en ).

Any help given will be really appreciated!

Here you can check my gallery to get an idea of my skills (consider I had never taken lessons or classes): http://nicola-montefusco.deviantart.com/gallery/

Cheers,
    Nicola -

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also look at illustration, graphic design, or their motion/advertisement design at Ringling if you are looking at Florida.

I have heard some really mixed reviews about fullsail. I've heard some people rave about how great the education is, and then there are others who have wrote whole articles on why NOT to go to fullsail.

I guess it is a case of you get what you put in. This is much like what is said in the "the reality of going to art school" thread. Even the best schools don't guarantee you anything, and if you work hard enough, people can be successful even when coming from the worse schools, or no school at all.

I had a friend who was accepted into their music production program, but he turned it down after doing some research on accreditation and alumni reviews. Another person I know turned down their animation program again after doing some research which he found unsatisfactory. Does this mean they made the right choice- or the choice that would best suit you? no. You may do research and find it is exactly what you are looking for.

I am mostly familiar with schools dealing with animation; but I do think if you are coming from Italy, and going to school the international route, that you may want to also look at some schools in New york, an I understand, many of New york schools have very decent graphic design programs.

Last edited by themegagod; December 29th, 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added more detail
    Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The graphic design program at Full Sail isn't bad. I've had a friend come out of the program straight to working at a graphic design firm and getting paid very well. Depends on what you put into it.

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to both of you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Full Sail

Ciao Nicola,

io sono uno studente italiano e sono alla Full Sail da Luglio. Non conosco bene in dettaglio il programma che vorresti intraprendere, per˛ posso dirti che Full Sail ti dÓ la possibilitÓ di lavorare al meglio. Vieni supportato a 360░ e hai la possibilitÓ di lavorare con strumentazioni di alto livello qualsiasi carriera tu voglia intraprendere.
    Per qualsiasi altra domanda sono a disposizione e puoi contattarmi anche tramite email: pignata_andrea@hotmail.it

Tanti Saluti,

Andrea

Members who have read this thread: 1