Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sketchbook of AdrienneRose

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rmy View Post
    Hey Adrienne,

i just started the 30seconds gestures at posemaniac yesterday too i think its much much fun to draw on the clock at first it was difficult for me too to finish my gestures, then i started just drawing less lines. I was trying to get everything with "one line" if you know what i mean Ofcourse my sketches and gestures are far from good, but i could imagine it helping one very good with "seeing the main characteristics"

Its realy realy fun, keep it up
    I think it is really fun to have a timed drawing as well! It really puts me in the zone!

I think that it is going to take some practice to get some meaningful "real" gesture drawings down, but I am working on it! Thanks for stopping by!

Name:  30 sec female 900.png
Views: 182
Size:  146.1 KB

30 second gestures, was trying to feel the actions in my gestures, but falling on my face in the process... Beh. Keep practicing, keep practicing. Le sigh.

Name:  5 min female 900.png
Views: 194
Size:  163.2 KB

5 min drawings. Trying to have meaningful lines, less sketchy messiness. I think it's going... okay.
    Pose reference.

Name:  18Jan Shoulder 900.png
Views: 185
Size:  257.3 KB

Shoulder studies for Spartan Camp #251 - Reference.

----------

Goals:
    Read art books
    Project Draw 100

Progress:
    Project Draw 100
    1 minute female gestures - [done] completed: 104/100
    1 minute male gestures - [done] completed: 104/100
    5 minute female - [in progress] completed: 28/100
    5 minute male - completed: 0/100
    10 minute female - completed: 0/100
    10 minute male - completed: 0/100

Reading
    Figure Drawing for all it's Worth - Andrew Loomis -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.40
    Drawing on the Artist Within - Betty Edwards -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.14
    The Natural Way to Draw - Nicolaides -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.9
    Drawing People - Colin Caket
    Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain - Betty Edwards
    Drawing for Dummies - Brenda Hoddinott
    -AdrienneRose-

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I REALLY love those anatomy studies, they look so dynamic =].

Your 5 minute gestures are looking quite clean, you have a great act in drawing what you see, I love that ^_^
    I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to V3T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The anatomy studies are looking great. You seem to be going pretty hard, I like it. Keep this rhythm and you will be surprised by how quickly your work will evolve.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saraiva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraiva View Post
    The anatomy studies are looking great. You seem to be going pretty hard, I like it. Keep this rhythm and you will be surprised by how quickly your work will evolve.
    Thanks for noticing Saraiva! I've been trying to either 1) draw every day or 2) study about drawing every day. It's not too hard when you don't work at all!! hahaha. Thanks for stopping by!!
    -AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    hey adrienne nice studies of poses one thing that helps with that is studying a simple manikin,try that maybe and keep working hard!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayPersona View Post
    hey adrienne nice studies of poses one thing that helps with that is studying a simple manikin,try that maybe and keep working hard!
    Funny you say that GrayPersona! I studied some Mannkin last night! I'll probably be uploading later tonight! thanks for stopping by!!
    -AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    Hi, AdrienneRose!
    I'm impressed with all the work you're doing! I'm diggin' the line work on the last couple of images, too.
    For your color issue from a few days: did you figure it out?-is it the mode that the image is in? In the Menue, look at "Image" -> "Mode" -> and make sure it's in RGB. Does that make sense?

Keep on Keepin-on .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to angieb. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angieb. View Post
    Hi, AdrienneRose!
    I'm impressed with all the work you're doing! I'm diggin' the line work on the last couple of images, too.
    For your color issue from a few days: did you figure it out?-is it the mode that the image is in? In the Menue, look at "Image" -> "Mode" -> and make sure it's in RGB. Does that make sense?

Keep on Keepin-on .
    Yes I did figure it out! Thanks for checking! It was exactly that mode issue! Not sure how it happened! But I can fix it now.
    Thank you for stopping in!!
    -AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    I really like the painting (the one with the screaming look)!

Keep it up!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rappdg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    Funny you say that GrayPersona! I studied some Mannkin last night! I'll probably be uploading later tonight! thanks for stopping by!!

I myself bought a manikin today. A small tabletop one i will try studing it tonight Cant wait to see yours!

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rmy View Post
    I myself bought a manikin today. A small tabletop one i will try studing it tonight Cant wait to see yours!

Cheers
    I was talking about the Mannkin from the Loomis book "figure drawing for all it's worth". But I really want a mannequin too!! -- I could really use it, been looking on amazon for one!! Haven't spent the money on it yet!

Quote Originally Posted by rappdg View Post
    I really like the painting (the one with the screaming look)!

Keep it up!
    Thank you!! It was my first painting! Thanks for stopping in!
    Last edited by AdrienneRose; January 19th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
    -AdrienneRose-

Thanks
    I've just been looking through your sketchbook and you can see improvement which is great one thing I have noticed is that in quite a lot of your drawings you use 'scratchy' lines, or draw several lines where only one is really needed. I realise these are mostly in your quicker drawings, but I think it'd really help you if you tried to use fewer lines, or just quickly consider where you'll put the line down before you do it, and reist drawing more into it, I think it's line economy or something. Saying that, I really love your lines in those 5 minute poses poses from your last update, you should try applying that to your quicker sketches. Keep up the hard work

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    I've just been looking through your sketchbook and you can see improvement which is great one thing I have noticed is that in quite a lot of your drawings you use 'scratchy' lines, or draw several lines where only one is really needed. I realise these are mostly in your quicker drawings, but I think it'd really help you if you tried to use fewer lines, or just quickly consider where you'll put the line down before you do it, and reist drawing more into it, I think it's line economy or something. Saying that, I really love your lines in those 5 minute poses poses from your last update, you should try applying that to your quicker sketches. Keep up the hard work
    Yes, I know there are sketchy lines, sometimes it takes a while to get back "into" drawing if one has taken a very long long long unintentional hiatus. lol. However, I ask, what is your definition of a "gesture drawing"?
    In my experience, they are many things. To me, lines (too many or too few) do not necessarily matter because they are not "finished" pieces, merely "warm ups" or studies, also because from what I can gather from my recent readings upon gestures is that you're trying to capture the motion and "essence" of the figure, not necessarily the figure itself.
    However, from seeing other people's gestures on this site, there are many definitions and types. But maybe they are not traditional gestures? I see a lot of contour lines when people say they're doing "gestures". I do this too, but on my longer studies (5mins+).

I am still trying to get down "gesture" drawing, and trying to draw the motion and activity of the figure. It's seemingly difficult for me. Haha! Also, trying to figure out the proper placement and posture for drawing on a digital tablet for optimum arm movement. Any suggestions on this?

Thank you so much for stopping by! And leaving some ideas! I will implementing your idea and see if it works out for me!
    -AdrienneRose-

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast