Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 79 to 91 of 209

Thread: The Sketchbook of AdrienneRose

  1. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rmy View Post
    Hey Adrienne,

    i just started the 30seconds gestures at posemaniac yesterday too i think its much much fun to draw on the clock at first it was difficult for me too to finish my gestures, then i started just drawing less lines. I was trying to get everything with "one line" if you know what i mean Ofcourse my sketches and gestures are far from good, but i could imagine it helping one very good with "seeing the main characteristics"

    Its realy realy fun, keep it up
    I think it is really fun to have a timed drawing as well! It really puts me in the zone!

    I think that it is going to take some practice to get some meaningful "real" gesture drawings down, but I am working on it! Thanks for stopping by!


    Name:  30 sec female 900.png
Views: 182
Size:  146.1 KB

    30 second gestures, was trying to feel the actions in my gestures, but falling on my face in the process... Beh. Keep practicing, keep practicing. Le sigh.

    Name:  5 min female 900.png
Views: 194
Size:  163.2 KB

    5 min drawings. Trying to have meaningful lines, less sketchy messiness. I think it's going... okay.
    Pose reference.


    Name:  18Jan Shoulder 900.png
Views: 185
Size:  257.3 KB

    Shoulder studies for Spartan Camp #251 - Reference.




    ----------

    Goals:
    Read art books
    Project Draw 100

    Progress:
    Project Draw 100
    1 minute female gestures - [done] completed: 104/100
    1 minute male gestures - [done] completed: 104/100
    5 minute female - [in progress] completed: 28/100
    5 minute male - completed: 0/100
    10 minute female - completed: 0/100
    10 minute male - completed: 0/100

    Reading
    Figure Drawing for all it's Worth - Andrew Loomis -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.40
    Drawing on the Artist Within - Betty Edwards -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.14
    The Natural Way to Draw - Nicolaides -- [Opened] Currently Reading pg.9
    Drawing People - Colin Caket
    Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain - Betty Edwards
    Drawing for Dummies - Brenda Hoddinott
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 168 Times in 155 Posts
    I REALLY love those anatomy studies, they look so dynamic =].

    Your 5 minute gestures are looking quite clean, you have a great act in drawing what you see, I love that ^_^
    I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to V3T For This Useful Post:


  5. #81
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boston D:
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 218 Times in 149 Posts
    The anatomy studies are looking great. You seem to be going pretty hard, I like it. Keep this rhythm and you will be surprised by how quickly your work will evolve.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saraiva For This Useful Post:


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saraiva View Post
    The anatomy studies are looking great. You seem to be going pretty hard, I like it. Keep this rhythm and you will be surprised by how quickly your work will evolve.
    Thanks for noticing Saraiva! I've been trying to either 1) draw every day or 2) study about drawing every day. It's not too hard when you don't work at all!! hahaha. Thanks for stopping by!!
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    israel
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked 136 Times in 126 Posts
    hey adrienne nice studies of poses one thing that helps with that is studying a simple manikin,try that maybe and keep working hard!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayPersona View Post
    hey adrienne nice studies of poses one thing that helps with that is studying a simple manikin,try that maybe and keep working hard!
    Funny you say that GrayPersona! I studied some Mannkin last night! I'll probably be uploading later tonight! thanks for stopping by!!
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 69 Times in 61 Posts
    Hi, AdrienneRose!
    I'm impressed with all the work you're doing! I'm diggin' the line work on the last couple of images, too.
    For your color issue from a few days: did you figure it out?-is it the mode that the image is in? In the Menue, look at "Image" -> "Mode" -> and make sure it's in RGB. Does that make sense?

    Keep on Keepin-on .
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to angieb. For This Useful Post:


  12. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angieb. View Post
    Hi, AdrienneRose!
    I'm impressed with all the work you're doing! I'm diggin' the line work on the last couple of images, too.
    For your color issue from a few days: did you figure it out?-is it the mode that the image is in? In the Menue, look at "Image" -> "Mode" -> and make sure it's in RGB. Does that make sense?

    Keep on Keepin-on .
    Yes I did figure it out! Thanks for checking! It was exactly that mode issue! Not sure how it happened! But I can fix it now.
    Thank you for stopping in!!
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  13. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    I really like the painting (the one with the screaming look)!

    Keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to rappdg For This Useful Post:


  15. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienneRose View Post
    Funny you say that GrayPersona! I studied some Mannkin last night! I'll probably be uploading later tonight! thanks for stopping by!!

    I myself bought a manikin today. A small tabletop one i will try studing it tonight Cant wait to see yours!

    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  16. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rmy View Post
    I myself bought a manikin today. A small tabletop one i will try studing it tonight Cant wait to see yours!

    Cheers
    I was talking about the Mannkin from the Loomis book "figure drawing for all it's worth". But I really want a mannequin too!! -- I could really use it, been looking on amazon for one!! Haven't spent the money on it yet!

    Quote Originally Posted by rappdg View Post
    I really like the painting (the one with the screaming look)!

    Keep it up!
    Thank you!! It was my first painting! Thanks for stopping in!
    Last edited by AdrienneRose; January 19th, 2013 at 10:29 AM.
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  17. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    533
    Thanks
    1,432
    Thanked 188 Times in 115 Posts
    I've just been looking through your sketchbook and you can see improvement which is great one thing I have noticed is that in quite a lot of your drawings you use 'scratchy' lines, or draw several lines where only one is really needed. I realise these are mostly in your quicker drawings, but I think it'd really help you if you tried to use fewer lines, or just quickly consider where you'll put the line down before you do it, and reist drawing more into it, I think it's line economy or something. Saying that, I really love your lines in those 5 minute poses poses from your last update, you should try applying that to your quicker sketches. Keep up the hard work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:


  19. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ansbach, Germany
    Posts
    616
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked 200 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    I've just been looking through your sketchbook and you can see improvement which is great one thing I have noticed is that in quite a lot of your drawings you use 'scratchy' lines, or draw several lines where only one is really needed. I realise these are mostly in your quicker drawings, but I think it'd really help you if you tried to use fewer lines, or just quickly consider where you'll put the line down before you do it, and reist drawing more into it, I think it's line economy or something. Saying that, I really love your lines in those 5 minute poses poses from your last update, you should try applying that to your quicker sketches. Keep up the hard work
    Yes, I know there are sketchy lines, sometimes it takes a while to get back "into" drawing if one has taken a very long long long unintentional hiatus. lol. However, I ask, what is your definition of a "gesture drawing"?
    In my experience, they are many things. To me, lines (too many or too few) do not necessarily matter because they are not "finished" pieces, merely "warm ups" or studies, also because from what I can gather from my recent readings upon gestures is that you're trying to capture the motion and "essence" of the figure, not necessarily the figure itself.
    However, from seeing other people's gestures on this site, there are many definitions and types. But maybe they are not traditional gestures? I see a lot of contour lines when people say they're doing "gestures". I do this too, but on my longer studies (5mins+).

    I am still trying to get down "gesture" drawing, and trying to draw the motion and activity of the figure. It's seemingly difficult for me. Haha! Also, trying to figure out the proper placement and posture for drawing on a digital tablet for optimum arm movement. Any suggestions on this?

    Thank you so much for stopping by! And leaving some ideas! I will implementing your idea and see if it works out for me!
    -AdrienneRose-


    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
  3. SketchBook: *MOD's please move to sketchbook section* Ulvdemon Sketchbook 030805
    By ulvdemon in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
  5. SketchBook: Unknown Epiphany's Sketchbook/brand new sketchbook(Updated February 27th)
    By unknown_epiphany in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: February 27th, 2007, 10:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook