Art: maddness' photos

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Arrow maddness' photos

these are the photographs i took while i was in scicily. Most of these are ruins and whatnot... cheers! :nod:

"and on the eigth day, God awoke and decided that men needed to argue profusely with one another, and thus behold, internet web forums came into being..."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Sicily....wow.

If you can't get a good image there you'd better giveup the photography business. These are awesome man. It makes me want to leave Texas, and thats a hard thing to do. Where did you take the volcano pictures? And tell me about that tree. Is it that tree that the old greek myth (about the man and wife that housed Zeus and because of there hospitality he blessed them and spared them, turning them into two trees merged as one) is about? And is you man Greg? Just curious. later, Jon. (ju)

The Soundtrack to the Revolution

Thanks
    The lava covered house is really cool although I'm thinking it might have been even better without the green trees or bushes in the background.

Thanks
    I was visiting my family in a town called sciaccia and santa margherita. I've waited for years, and i loved it. Yeah, there were not very many places to look that would not have made a good photograph.

The volcano pictures were on an active volcano called mt. etna. it's a biggun' over 10,000 feet up. in the middle of june, there was snow and ice up on that peak. It was a cool site, because there were no restricted areas, and there was a bar at the bottom if you wanted to kick back or build up some liquid confidence... :ahha:

Interesting enough, that you would mention though, the tree was taken at an old ruin site in Aggregento. It was on the path that led between the temple of Hercules and Zeus. But i don't know if that's the one that inspired it all, all the old olive trees along that path were narled and twisted. Really cool.

Swing and a miss kid, my name is not greg... :ahha:

i hope i can go back one day, i really loved that place, but i have to be able to afford it one day...

i'll post some more pics.

"and on the eigth day, God awoke and decided that men needed to argue profusely with one another, and thus behold, internet web forums came into being..."

Thanks
    yeah, i don't think i set that frame up very well in hindsite either. or maybe i should have actually included more. the weird thing about this town was that a significant enough of the hillside gets covered with lava almost every year, but they keep building up and rebuilding like there's nothing wrong. I tried to capture that the most by showing the new vegetation that was growing out of the lava. we were running out of time so i didn't have time to leave the beaten path and venture into some of the other locations. i especially wanted to kick myself when i heard there was an old half covered church just beyond this house. :mad:

win some ya loose some i guess...

Thanks

Post more

this is a shot from inside the lava house looking out. Again, maybe this was the only shot that needed the vegetation...

purchased from the bar at the base of the volcano, i thought a cheap advertising plug would be funny...

standing on the ridge at the mouth of the volcano, i took a shot of the crests through the steam and fog...

an upward shot of the modern looking cathedral... all natural sunlight. I thought it would have made a cool place to put timelapse equipment in and see the times of day.

that shadow is all real, not doctored, i walked right by this small inlet and didn't even see it the first time becuase there was a lot of retail stuff lying in front. i took the picture anyway, and cropped out the unwanted items.

i liked this shot becuase there was a combination of old with new, there was the traditional layout with the alter and the pews made of molded wood but the ultra modern stained glass and concrete walls and ceiling made for an interesting turnout.

another cool tree in between the two temples (zeus and hercules).

Ice cream is a way of life for this island. they called it "gelato" i called it delicious.

this is a low res movie i shot on the mountain, with some descent equipment i think i would like to go back and take some more footage one day...
    ("save target as...")
    Mt. Etna

Thanks
    nice man, some great shots of the ruins......scicily looks cool, i mean hot lol.......
    i liked the cute dogs pic, has a lovely warm feel to it.....

and the gelato looks interesting...... 8]

krispee

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.