Art: My animations
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My animations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My animations

A few weeks ago I worked on this little walk cycle. Been focusing on realism since then but thought I'd post it here in this forum as well. Crits appreciated.

Last edited by Cortes; January 11th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.
    this is an exciting, interactive and ballin sketchbook sig

ᶑ( ʘ؀ʘ)╜
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a fun bouncy walk. feels good. love the arms, shoulders and hands. it looks like you meant certain parts of the head and to be static which is cool. but it seem the eye's could focus more somewhere and not move exactly with the head. the legs movement is cool, but as they cross its a little hard to tell which foot is foreground/background, it may be the speed it may be the loose pencils or something I dunno.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to revelarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice, revelarts!

Here's another practice animation I worked on today: a box falling off a shelf. I intially started to make it a brick and try to keep that level of heaviness, but I couldn't help trying out more squash and stretch. So it turned out much more bouncier, or like a character's mass leaping off a shelf and falling flat on their face.

I know weight is important, so next I should try to do a bouncing ball that really gets that gravity down. The gradual decrease in velocity of the arc seems to be a good challenge to master.

Last edited by Cortes; January 11th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.

ᶑ( ʘ؀ʘ)╜

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dialogue test

ᶑ( ʘ؀ʘ)╜

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice expressions on the dialogue test.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSeraph View Post
    Nice expressions on the dialogue test.
    Thanks! Here's an updated version.

ᶑ( ʘ؀ʘ)╜

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's neat, i like him walking i guess it's a loop!, he has lot's of character and i love it with the hat jumping about!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the first guy is really cool- i love the character - maybe try bouncing the hat in evey step cecause when it counced only in one specific step- it gives it much more emphasis on the toher one- and makes the guy looks like hes limping kind of.

the falling box- try videotape- and watch the move in quicktime -and draw what you see and try to analyze it (you can g frame by frame in quicktime)- it should fly out of the floor the same (just aliitle bit less) velocity it hit it. the bounce doesnt look very realistic (also that squish makes it look like a living creature and not a box) and ssomethig about the roll at the end seems too slow or something else is wrong which im not sure what :]

boom head shot- try giving more space between the words- itll make it more intersting- (lets say "-"= 1 second) try editting it like this for example: boom!-headshot!, time differences in animation that breaks the linear way it goes will make everything look more interesting.

im studying animation- 2 of the best excercies we have got was to make animations of bouncing balls- heavy\light\ you name it (according to a refrence) + same thing to make a pendulum (think of your arms and limbs- the movement we make are very very similar to pendulum movement).- also according to refrence.

Members who have read this thread: 7