A self-portrait of sorts...
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A self-portrait of sorts...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A self-portrait of sorts...

Hello Everyone,

Apparently I cannot post an attachment, but I'd like y'all to critique a sketch i did tonight..., So, would you like to go to :... and take a look

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~rnagle.../RyanNagle.jpg

What do you all think? Obviously I don't really look quite like that. But I wanted to draw something quite unattached to my latest animation project... and so I think fo it as a portrait of my spirit.

How can I help that arm to appear closer to the 'camera'? I think you can get a sense of the scrunching of the chest, and the drawing together of the shoulders, but, those hands...What's missing with those hands?

You might sense that I am a little afraid of dropping lines needlessly... Does anyone have any advice about that? That process of adding lines and how to see into the image and salvage the most pure line?

Also, while I'm at it, I've been having alot of trouble with a project that i've been working on. I just can't seem to build the motivation I need to get back into this project. Even when I force myself to sit and draw, I am just not productive.
    Can anyone relate to that?

Thanks for your time and viewage,

Ryan

p.s. How come i can't post attachements?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit your post and go to the wee icon of a mountain with yellow skies. Copy the url of your piccy and paste it into the box that comes up.

[IMG ]http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~rnagle1/IMAGE/RyanNagle.jpg[/IMG ] It'll look like that but without spaces.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.