My web comics
    Just Create - my blog about how to create comic books
    YouTube Tutorials and stuff

Howard
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for sharing ! I'm quite surprised you encounter no lag at all, looking at some review I saw on win8 tablet... A lot of these review where done in photoshop so it may be photoshop issue ?
    Anyway that's really interesting, again thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woops buggy time... sorry for double posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's no lag because he's using Artrage. The Viao Duo 11 uses an N-trig digitizer....even back with the earlier n-triq tablets like the HP Slate 500, Artrage and Sketchbook Pro worked fine with N-trig.

Now Programs that require "Wintab" for pressure...like Photoshop, Paint Tool Sai, and Corel Painter.......thats a whole different story. N-trig offers a Wintab driver....but it works like Garbage. In case of the HP Slate 500....Paint Tool Sai wouldn't even recognize the driver, only Photoshop would and trying to draw or paint in it was a horrible vectoring mess. I was hoping newer drivers and a core i5 powering it would solve those issues...but apparently not.

I did have a few additional grievances with N-trig beyond just program comparability.

@Symson - after drawing for a while....did you find it uncomfortable using the N-trig pen? Wacom Pens are lightweight plastic...but the N-trig pens are metal...with my HP Slate Pen....after awhile I found the pen just got increasingly uncomfortable to hold and use.

Also...Does the pen make a loud clacking "Glass on Glass" noise? At least with the HP Slate and other N-trig tablets....using the pen was noisy since contact with the screen made a loud clacking sound. Even with Headphones on...that drove me crazy with the HP Slate 500. It was noticeably louder then the contact sound made by a wacom pen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's no lag because he's using Artrage. The Viao Duo 11 uses an N-trig digitizer....even back with the earlier n-triq tablets like the HP Slate 500, Artrage and Sketchbook Pro worked fine with N-trig.

Now Programs that require "Wintab" for pressure...like Photoshop, Paint Tool Sai, and Corel Painter.......thats a whole different story. N-trig offers a Wintab driver....but it works like Garbage. In case of the HP Slate 500....Paint Tool Sai wouldn't even recognize the driver, only Photoshop would and trying to draw or paint in it was a horrible vectoring mess. I was hoping newer drivers and a core i5 powering it would solve those issues...but apparently not.

I did have a few additional grievances with N-trig beyond just program comparability.

@Symson - after drawing for a while....did you find it uncomfortable using the N-trig pen? Wacom Pens are lightweight plastic...but the N-trig pens are metal...with my HP Slate Pen....after awhile I found the pen just got increasingly uncomfortable to hold and use.

Also...Does the pen make a loud clacking "Glass on Glass" noise? At least with the HP Slate and other N-trig tablets....using the pen was noisy since contact with the screen made a loud clacking sound. Even with Headphones on...that drove me crazy with the HP Slate 500. It was noticeably louder then the contact sound made by a wacom pen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to darkmagistric For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah....its double posting for me too...and its not letting me delete the double post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for this precision about N-trig and software compatibility, Darkmagistric.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @darkmagistric

I worked with it for about 12 hours. One sitting at 4 hours almost. The weight was fine in my hand. I never even thought about it being metal. It was not noticeable. The only uncomfortableness I felt was from the small size of the pen. I would prefer it to be longer. However even this awkwardness disappeared and I didn't give it a second thought.

The pen made no sound on contact with the screen. It was a very smooth experience.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith: Action, Belief and Confidence
    My web comics

Howard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @darkmagistric

I worked with it for about 12 hours. One sitting at 4 hours almost. The weight was fine in my hand. I never even thought about it being metal. It was not noticeable. The only uncomfortableness I felt was from the small size of the pen. I would prefer it to be longer. However even this awkwardness disappeared and I didn't give it a second thought.

The pen made no sound on contact with the screen. It was a very smooth experience.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith: Action, Belief and Confidence
    My web comics

Howard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried this at the Sony store, and came away pretty impressed, too. I doodled on Artrage probably for a good half an hour, it seemed pretty smooth and responsive to me. I think this has an i5 processor. I would love to see how it handles Photoshop.

I never used ArtRage before either, and was so impressed by it on the Duo that I went home and bought a copy for my laptop. Hopefully when it comes time for me to make the jump to one of these hybrids or tablets, and I can carry the license over.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eelybot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I tried this at the Sony store, and came away pretty impressed, too. I doodled on Artrage probably for a good half an hour, it seemed pretty smooth and responsive to me. I think this has an i5 processor. I would love to see how it handles Photoshop.

I never used ArtRage before either, and was so impressed by it on the Duo that I went home and bought a copy for my laptop. Hopefully when it comes time for me to make the jump to one of these hybrids or tablets, and I can carry the license over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I really hope one of you can help me with this: I've been encountering one big Problem when drawing with my Vaio Duo 11. Whenever I draw rather slowly (e.g. when drawing a very clean line), the pen is horribly inaccurate! The only Thing I get are zigzag-lines that look horrible and are impossible to work with. The Problem goes away when I draw a Little faster (I guess when the already mentioned vectoring kicks in . Is that a Software or Hardware issue? When I use my Wacom tablet the lines are accurate, but when I uninstall the Wacom Drivers, the lines are just as bad, so I hope it's a Software issue.. My Screen is rather clean, and I'm not sure if that's the Problem.

Can anybody help me? Pleease?

Stoneseeker is offline pro 2D animator / aspiring illustrator Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does it happen when you draw on a vertical or horizontal as well? Also, try making a slow stroke with the pen in a more straight up and down angle to the screen. Did that improve the stroke at all?

This is a common issue with Wacom devices intuos included, many threads on here about it. Sometimes it was solved with a new pen, sometimes by moving away from an object of interference (a new monitor or something attached to your device that wasn't there before) or simply a worn digitizer. This is the first I've heard of a Ntrig device doing it, but I guess they both use similar tech.

Try:

-replacing the battery in the pen
    -using a different pen (bring your unit to best buy and ask to use their Duo13 pen for a couple minutes to check)
    -try drawing slow with the screen up and then the screen down, any different?
    -did you install any new software or drivers?
    -Buy any new tech recently that might be interfering? Is your cell phone right next to your Duo11?

Has it always done this??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot for your help! I will try every advice and update this post:

vertical/horizontal: The lines are fairly accurate, but it's possible they are a bit too accurate (meaning they'd rather stay in the same row of Pixels)

angle: The lines are the worst in a 45 degree angle, I'd say.

replace the battery: Done, nothing has changed

Use a different pen:

Screen up/down: No differences; Flight Mode doesn't Change anything either.

new Software/Drivers: EDIT, I've done a clean install (well, the Sony one with all the crappy apps that come with it ) and nothing's changed. My brother has a vaio duo 13 and told me he had similar Problems, so it might be bad design

Tech/Cell Phone: No new tech, my cellphone or other devices that could interfere don't make any difference as far as I know.

Has it always done this: I'm not sure.. I noticed it yesterday and only because I suddenly started drawing slow, clean strokes. But I have the Feeling that it's become stronger than when I first got my Vaio in March.

Name:  TEST.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  154.0 KB

Last edited by mafju; October 6th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.

Stoneseeker is offline pro 2D animator / aspiring illustrator Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I suspect improper shielding, or shielding that is breaking down, causing the nearby components of the computer to effect it this way through interference. My T902 wobbles a bit like that on diagonal lines as well. As a last ditch effort to see if it is a driver issue you could try a clean install of windows 7/8 but I think it probably hardware.
    If your still under warranty you could maybe use it as leverage for replacement. Or get the screen/digitizer replaced.
    But if it is no longer covered under warranty I wouldn't bother, try to learn to live with it and draw quicker strokes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for your help! That would be a huge disappointment if it was really a Hardware issue, but I still have hope it might be a Software issue. When I use my wacom tablet without installing the proper wacom Drivers, it wobbles just as badly. I'll call Sony and see what they can do

Members who have read this thread: 4