Anyone else having trouble with the site?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anyone else having trouble with the site?

It's giving me a lot of trouble right now, can't even access my inbox or send messages. It causes my computer to lag..

My site:
    http://thecentersphere.yolasite.com/

DA:
    http://halfshavenbananas.deviantart.com/

New World Creation: Designers Wanted Environment of the Week
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Admin are aware of problems. They will be on the case in the morning. Enjoy the rest of Christmas instead.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks.

My site:

DA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bump this thread.

I have an activity to run and I can't access PM's... lol c'mon guys.

My site:

DA:

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Text is all messed up when I try to edit.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jetpack42 For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We know. Programmers are too full of Christmas pud at the moment to move very fast. Mutter too much and the background might be changed from pooh to candy pink. Hangovers are a medical condition that needs to be treated with respect.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bottom line and I'm not afraid to say it: Ya'll suck. This site needs a moderator revamp badly. First it was the epic failure of Team CHOW due to absolutely zero moderator intervention, the month-long site updates that nobody really even likes and now nobody has time to fix site issues? I thought this was a business or maybe I have misconceptions about the purpose of this forum.

Not trying to be a dictator here but seriously... this site never used to have these issues like it does now.

Peace! and happy holidays. Just trying to help the cause. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any way.

My site:

DA:

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vulgar` For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I believe the mods are on a volunteer basis, so I wouldn't demand anything from anybody that isn't being compensated for their services, especially during the holidays.

The Team Chal lost steam due to a clear lack of enthusiasm. I wouldn't blame it on the mods. I was there too y'know. The site shutdown somewhere between the deadline (that we all flaked on) and the extension but we all knew the shutdown was coming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I believe the mods are on a volunteer basis, so I wouldn't demand anything from anybody that isn't being compensated for their services, especially during the holidays.

The Team Chal lost steam due to a clear lack of enthusiasm. I wouldn't blame it on the mods. I was there too y'know. The site shutdown somewhere between the deadline (that we all flaked on) and the extension but we all knew the shutdown was coming.
    Exactly. The mods are volunteers which means if they don't have enough time to tend to their website duties, then gladly pass the torch to someone else who does.

I disagree about the Team CHOW, there was never a finals thread and there was a clear lack of direction to participants. I'd say it was an important activity to attract new members and carry on the success of previous ones like it. The site was also shut down as you said, which kind of hinders any progress a contest can make during it's final wrap-up stages. Point taken, but my initial post still stands.

You are also alluding that moderators are not around exclusively during holiday season and we should be understanding of that fact, but this stuff has been going on for some time now. See 'Havok Reed's post in the Support section for proof of that. http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...atus-for-weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Havok Reed View Post
    Hello there. I am hoping that an admin or Mod can help me out here.

About...5-6 weeks ago, the previous CHoW Mod, Eofn, appointed myself and Quinn Simoes as the new mods, because she was stepping down after running it for a long time on her own. We were told that our user status would be changed to Moderator. Neither of us has had a change in our status, nor have we been able to successfully contact an admin for help on the issue. I have sent several active admins PMs regarding this issue and no one has responded.
    Choppin' block anyone?

Last edited by Vulgar`; December 31st, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
    My site:

DA:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not all mods have full administrative powers. I can't help on every request as I don't have those rights, but I do inform those who can. Too many cooks at that level can make matters worse. You'll just have to be patient. The powers up top have been informed a couple of times by a few of us. We will persist, but moaning isn't helping - we do enough of that as is.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Vulgar-
    Sure, the forum isn't in the shape it used to be. Keep in mind most of the mods signed up to assist on a functioning site. Banning spammers and racists is probably what they signed up for, not re-coding the biggest art forum on the web for nothing. Even if it is in their skill set, being told they suck can't be too encouraging.

The Team Chal failed because it wasn't fun for reasons I can't explain. I was there and saw very few teams get off the floor and of the teams that were active, very few team members posted art. By the time the deadline rolled by, nobody cared. The deadline was extended, but yet not a fuck had been given at the end of that sad turn of events.

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,889 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Really, you're sending me over 2000 reply to thread emails? Way to go CA programming.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I take back my complaint from earlier about the subscriptions. In the ten seconds I had my inbox open, I jumped from 706 new messages to 734. I usually have two emails in my inbox.

Edit: Not that I'm complaining about this either. It's just the hilarious first step to fixing the problem from before.

Last edited by keeptime; January 2nd, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just had Google Chrome detect malware on CA.org... I last went on last night and t'was fine... Nooo idea.

www.travismillar.com

Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The security hole has been detected and is being fixed.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That said, me (and a lot of other people) are getting a very annoying bug with double posts. I have to go and delete the second post 2/3rds of the time.

Also, on Firefox clicking the post button triggers the "unsaved data" warning - the one with "Leave the page / Stay on page" buttons. It is mighty annoying.

Also, the post editor apparently has a transparent background which produces two layers of superimposed text and buttons, making it impossible to edit posts and very difficult to delete.

Also, the same superimposed text problem appears in the "thread review" section in my sketchbook.

These things have now persisted for weeks. Is there any chance to fix them? These aren't minor layout problems or hacks, they are breaking usability badly.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to arenhaus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And now some has reported the site as malware distro site.. the message saying this site is dangerous is due to report not just error in Java scripts.. wonderfully some has found loop hole in malware reporting..Looking into this for the site as i sent a question to the web site who it posting the warning and all they will say is it was reported as malware due to high volumes of email being sent out.. I have not gotten any so it seem strange that this is error in the server more like an aimed attempted to disrupt the site.

CC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know the random double posting is annoying. I'm deleting them as fast as I can find them if you can't do them yourself (hint - go advanced). Trust me, there are several mods jumping up and down.

The site may have been reported due to sudden influx of emails from subscribed threads for the past month as CCorsair said. People are on the case. There is a specific vulnerability that has been identified and is being plugged.

Or, maybe I've banned too many spammers and they got cross - time to put on my next level amour and blast the shit out of them.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reading the pop warning from google I say full shields up and bring out the big guns there be something going on.. I work doing computer security work for my day to day work adn working computer for over 36 years so..Yep when you tick off spammers they tend to attack you back if they have the balls to try.

CC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been doing it systematically for well over a year now. Gone from 10k banned to nearly 70k in that time - not all are mine. The more I learn, the more I ban. I level up fast, but I don't program and can't do more. The hack last year made me find different ways to ban them - I'll always find a way as long as I can access the site. CA is worth fighting for

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought they were having the upgrade done by professionals... guess not. My inbox got hit by the backlog of subscribed threads updates. Fortunately I've only keep a thumb on a small handful of skechbooks here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The vulnerability has been plugged, but it'll take some time to unlist the site as a bad site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And we're back. Thank goodness.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtsySiridean For This Useful Post:

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,889 Times in 2,359 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsySiridean View Post
    And we're back. Thank goodness.
    Why do I feel like a crack ho that just found a dime bag?

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Honestly I can say I was slowly getting more bored and sad. I don't like or use most other art based sites, none of the forums. Used to while I was in ruts (like now) with a lot of stuff going on in life I could view someones sketchbook or read a thread and suddenly inspiration or an in general drive to keep going popped up which helped with drawing, which in turn generally brightened my days.

Missed that, hopefully it stays back up and all clear from issues.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

OmenSpirits is offline Commercial-Illustrator in-training, NOT an artist. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 680 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I can't post at work. Damn filter bans this site for security reasons! Am sad.

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I daren't even try it at work. At least we're back, holes plugged, double posts sorted, weird formatting sorted. Twitpic on the same list is still flagged, so don't feel bad about CA just yet.

I just hope you all appreciate all the hard work done by Garg & Jason. A lot of site are attacked daily and we survived. I declare today 'Hug an Artist' day. Well, what are you waiting for? Get to it.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    At least we're back, holes plugged, double posts sorted
    I hate to break the bad news to you, but that post is double.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by arenhaus View Post
    I hate to break the bad news to you, but that post is double.
    Bugger! Removed the evidence.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! I'm so happy that CA has been brought back to life. I found I was anxious when I was not able to see these boards... Especially when this site " http://www.isitdownrightnow.com " told me that CA was in hospital( not directly by words though, it was the telepathy). I'm feeling the relief now. Ah, fresh air!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    Bugger! Removed the evidence.
    Excellent trick, ma'am!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.