Sketchbook: Undead Masquerade
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Undead Masquerade

Hey all.
    I'm currently studying Games design and personally focussing to do Concept work but also I'm interested in doing comic on the side.
    I have studied multimedia in the past which has given me more knowledge on software than anything else, same goes for the games course I am on, as it focuses more of the 3D and animation aspects.
    Their visual studies module is lacking and there isn't much support I feel for those who are more interested in the 2D aspect of game development cycles.

Most of what I know is predominantly self taught but I am at a point where I personally feel that I am no longer progressing and have felt this way for over a year. I also have the added pressure that I am half way through my second year of the course and only have one year to go. With that in mind it becomes very daunting to even consider being a concept artist when I struggle to get my ideas on paper for my own worlds, let alone anyone else's. This lack of confidence is something I want to break out of as I feel that is what is holding me back, however I also don't know what I need to do move forwards. The more I think about where my weakness are, the more frustrated I get, ending up caught in a vicious circle of frustration and panic.

With this I haven't been drawing as much as I would like, often giving up half way through a drawing.

Any advice, help, criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a mixture of stuff, some of the doodles I like best. (Personal characters mostly)

Name:  derp.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  18.7 KBName:  hmmm-magic.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  29.1 KBName:  19.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  98.1 KBName:  planet-entropy---volcano-side-1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  74.8 KBName:  17.8.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  25.5 KB

For more check out my Deviantart.

Last edited by Freyaloi; December 25th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Doodles Before bed

Just been scribbling today, not a grate deal of interesting ideas.

2 mine drawing With reference. Didn't have enough time to do the entire pose since the image was on a timer.

Name:  woman-scribble.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  23.0 KB

Same drawing but coloured by memory. Personally i think it lacks depth and form, a problem that crops up with me time and time again. I'm not sure how to tackle the issue.

Name:  woman-scribble-colour.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  16.6 KB

And a couple of ideas that are nagging me, the first is a character I am redesigning as I feel her old design is very amateurish. The second is a possible idea for a tree dwelling animal on my own planet.

Name:  hecate-redesign-2.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  36.7 KB Name:  Tyader-Beli-tree-dweller.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  18.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Been really busy with life stuff

Not done much these past couple of days, been having some serious issues to sort out with the bank. Still not fully sorted but getting there.
    Anyway, I've got more stuff in my solid sketchbook but I'm waiting to get a full page or two to get my scanner out.
    Still trying to get my head around form but not getting very far. Overlapping surfaces and rounded surfaces seem to be my biggest issue.

These are something like 30 min doodles each. Oh and Muro is Deviantart's own drawing (if you could call it that) software.
    Name:  29.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  61.8 KBName:  dinosaur-head.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  25.4 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.