Connecting a Cintiq 22HD to an All-In-One computer
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Connecting a Cintiq 22HD to an All-In-One computer

So I'm going to be investing in a Cintiq 22HD soon. I even bought a new computer that I thought would be able to handle it better than my laptop would have. However, after viewing all the info and several reviews, I have discovered that my all-in-one doesn't have any kind of DVI-D or VGA ports! It doesn't even have an HDMI hook up. I am REALLY hoping I'm not SOL, but is there a way to hook up a Cintiq 22HD to my all-in-one through a USB port, since that's all I apparently have?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ummm no, no way. usb is for transferring the tablet pen input data only, graphic stream is handled by a separate cable hooked to your videocard.

can you please post a link to your all-in-1 model? does it have a screen already?
    might be that its graphic card isn't sufficient enough to work with a 2 monitor set-up.

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    ummm no, no way. usb is for transferring the tablet pen input data only, graphic stream is handled by a separate cable hooked to your videocard.

can you please post a link to your all-in-1 model? does it have a screen already?
    might be that its graphic card isn't sufficient enough to work with a 2 monitor set-up.
    Yep, it's like an iMac; the whole computer IS the screen. Thankfully I only bought it from Costco a little over a month ago, so I think I will just return it for a regular desktop, since it doesn't seem like any all-in-ones even have a DVI port at all. There are adapters out there that claim to be USB to DVI, but I find how good they are to be pretty suspect, and when it comes to wanting my Cintiq to run smoothly and accurately, it doesn't seem like a very good option.

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood © Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think usb2dvi will help because it should be plugged directly into your videocard, and no usb interface (aside from usb 3.0 maybe) can provide enough bandwidth for a 32 bit video output stream.

I hope you can get a refund/exchange!

on the fourth day of glitchmas my painter™ gave to me
    four random crashes, three broken brushes, two system hangups & one corrupted workspace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dont do any sort of USB monitor conversion. as far as ive read and experienced with some smaller USB monitors it slows your system significantly. go for a normal desktop, or if you want something smaller - look for micro atx based boxes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone, that is kind of what I suspected! A lot of the usb to dvi adapters seem to have a built-in video card, but I am dubious as to how that would work really. :/

My Cintiq should be arriving today and I'm going to go to Costco and not only return my computer for a desktop, but I'm also upgrading to an even better desktop than the one I was looking at, since I saved a bunch on the Cintiq with Boxing Day sales. Woo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone, that is kind of what I suspected! A lot of the usb to dvi adapters seem to have a built-in video card, but I am dubious as to how that would work really. :/

My Cintiq should be arriving today and I'm going to go to Costco and not only return my computer for a desktop, but I'm also upgrading to an even better desktop than the one I was looking at, since I saved a bunch on the Cintiq with Boxing Day sales. Woo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Get an Asus ROG laptop my GX handles multiple programs Photoshop, illustrator ETc at the same time with no slowdown and they have an HDMI and VGA port cost around 1500 good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry didn't see the desktop, build one saves you money plus with today CPU prices you can't go wrong

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.