Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Denmark, or Sweden or.... Scandinavian UNITE!

Thanks
    Boogieman and Fixx, what do you want to learn? Cause if you want to become good at concept art maybe you would be much better off in a school in US or England than staying in Sweden? Or if, for example, you want to go into animation you should apply to Viborg in Denmark or one of the good 3D schools in Ireland.
    A lot of the guys on this thread studies at various places in Sweden but I havent heard any of them beeing really pleased about the studies. Or am I wrong here? What do you say, Hurricane?

It all depends on what you want to study. Start there.

/Maya
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MayaSan
    Boogieman and Fixx, what do you want to learn? Cause if you want to become good at concept art maybe you would be much better off in a school in US or England than staying in Sweden? Or if, for example, you want to go into animation you should apply to Viborg in Denmark or one of the good 3D schools in Ireland.
    A lot of the guys on this thread studies at various places in Sweden but I havent heard any of them beeing really pleased about the studies. Or am I wrong here? What do you say, Hurricane?

It all depends on what you want to study. Start there.

/Maya

About studying in US. Does CSN cover your whole fee? Because I can't see another way of loaning from CSN, but if they won't give out that ammount of money that schools in US cost, you are left with no choice then to sell yourself to old women in red hats with a pudel. I don't want to do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Mayasan, well i'm not pleased by my schools level of education, but i guess some of my classmates appriciate it. I've learnd more on my own, but it's a good Maya school (skövde, HIS)

profil : or to men with curly 'stashes

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    If you're looking to get knowhow on how to present informational art (which conceptart really is) you should probably look at my old school. The main focus there is creating information design. It's not conceptart, but you'll get the building blocks you need to present information and you'll learn the basics of illustration. But a lot of the courses there are pretty boring though.

Thanks
    I just made an amazing discovery : Art Students leauge is CSN approved, you just gotta study there full time for at least 13 week. Then you can become a kickass artist and get phat scholarships to the big schools. Otherwise we are pretty Fucked. I applied to FIT and that the cheapest, still with all the loans I gotta pay around 20000 kroner a semester out of my own pocket. I dont care, I get to live in New York! Providing I get accepted of course.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Nice to see that the school discussions came up. I'm at the edge to chose school now and sending my application portfolio in every direction.

I don't know much about CSN (yet), but how big loan can you take to pay school tution?

By the way, nice to see that everyone's still alive

Hugs!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timpaatkins
    I just made an amazing discovery : Art Students leauge is CSN approved, you just gotta study there full time for at least 13 week. Then you can become a kickass artist and get phat scholarships to the big schools. Otherwise we are pretty Fucked. I applied to FIT and that the cheapest, still with all the loans I gotta pay around 20000 kroner a semester out of my own pocket. I dont care, I get to live in New York! Providing I get accepted of course.
    Can you get a scholarship for US schools if you're not a US citizen? I checked out FIT and found this:
    Foreign students and visiting students are not eligible for financial assistance from FIT. Visiting students should contact their home school for financial aid.
    But maybe Ringling, CCA, etc. and Sheridan in Canada got different policies. I'd love to go to an american art college and study painting/drawing or applied arts. But I don't think my bank account can handle it and the chance of getting financial help seem pretty slim... Right now I'm leaning toward Design & Produktframtagning at KTH, since I've already read all the math & physics they have the first 2 years and can spend all my time drawing and studying design. Anyway, good luck with ASL, hope you get in. I'm sure it'll be alot of fun.
    -hal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman
    Can you get a scholarship for US schools if you're not a US citizen? I checked out FIT and found this:

But maybe Ringling, CCA, etc. and Sheridan in Canada got different policies. I'd love to go to an american art college and study painting/drawing or applied arts. But I don't think my bank account can handle it and the chance of getting financial help seem pretty slim... Right now I'm leaning toward Design & Produktframtagning at KTH, since I've already read all the math & physics they have the first 2 years and can spend all my time drawing and studying design. Anyway, good luck with ASL, hope you get in. I'm sure it'll be alot of fun.
    Ah, but my dear friend, financial aid and scholarships arent neccearily the same thing. Finacial aid usually consists of loans and grants, and scholarships are tuition help. Sure, some schools dont offer scholarships to foreigners, but some do. Its worth checking out if you are really interested in going to a certain school.
    Thanks for the kudos!
    Tim

Penis: You get 1350kr a week towards tuition. and about 1400 dollars a month after that. so its doesnt amount to a hell of a lot. Still, if you can convince your parents to becom borgenärer, you could take out a big old bank loan. YOu also have to show that you have 220.000 kr in liquid assets to immigration, otherwise they wont grant you a student visa. This is to show that you have enough money too support yourself for a year.
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

Thanks
    My school: www.hdk.gu.se
    Ill be happy to answer all your questions....

Thanks
    I just quit school after 3 years in Boston. Now I sit in a little hut in the woods and paint and paint all day long I am such a dork. But I'm thinking about Konstfack and KKH since I am mostly interested in oil painting techniques.

Although, I recently discovered that a scholarship fund for artists in sweden gives out grants to go study abroad with private tutors, so I might take them up on that.. If I find my links again I'll post them.

FIT is one of the best schools around, and very cheap, since it's a state school. International students can apply (and do get) scholarships/stipendier from american schools. Can't get Financial Aid though, because that's essentially a bank loan from the american banks or something. Important to remember tho, you have to apply for the scholarship at the same time as you apply for the school. Usually schools don't give out huge stipends to 3rd or last year students.
    International students can also work ON campus. Off-campus = illegalness. Big nono.

also, you have to tell CSN about your stipends/extra cash and the little buggers might lower your loan if you make too much extra.. bastards.
    Batman gives me warm fuzzies

my sketches

my web

Thanks
    Hey fixx, that was some useful information. Thanks.

Thanks
    Where can you see which schools that are supported by CSN?
    To be specific, I'm wondering if Virgina commonwealth is covered by CSN?

Thanks
    Give CSN a call, theyll check it for you. If it isnt approved, you can apply for approval, although I guess its a whole lot of paperwork, if I know them right...hehe
    Tell us more about Virginia Commonwealth!

Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 ... LastLast