Environment Painting

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Environment Painting

Hey guys! I recently got my wacom intuos5 and want to get into digital environment sci-fi painting, these are my first attempts.
    As im new to digital painting, some advice on how to improve would be brilliant thanks!

Environment Painting

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Environment Painting

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 2,393 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    both suffer from a lack of correct perspective and no clear direction for the light in the scene. The first one the reflections have no connection to what they are reflecting that's a perspective problem and the second one all of the architectural elements lack correct perspective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    both suffer from a lack of correct perspective and no clear direction for the light in the scene. The first one the reflections have no connection to what they are reflecting that's a perspective problem and the second one all of the architectural elements lack correct perspective.
    Thanks for your reply, is there anything you'd recommend i do to improve my environment paintings?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 2,393 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well practice perspective until you know all the basic rules, especially as they apply to buildings and reflections. Work from life more to build a visual library so when you do work digitally or from photos you know how things should look. try to practice by isolating elements so its not so much to do at one time. Paint 100 skies from life or 100 buildings. Look at lots of paintings and try and figure out whats going on in them. Maybe do a couple of studies of professional work and see if you can mimic what they do as accurately as possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Well practice perspective until you know all the basic rules, especially as they apply to buildings and reflections. Work from life more to build a visual library so when you do work digitally or from photos you know how things should look. try to practice by isolating elements so its not so much to do at one time. Paint 100 skies from life or 100 buildings. Look at lots of paintings and try and figure out whats going on in them. Maybe do a couple of studies of professional work and see if you can mimic what they do as accurately as possible.
    Awesome! Thanks very much.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.